Forum

From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61577 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
wlayton, IMHO, anyone who thinks UGA won't be as good as last year is only looking at one position on the field and probably didn't pay much attention to what happened last year with injuries. You can't lose your first TWO RBs, and your best TWO WRs and continue to perform up to capacity. We WILL get those guys back, and the RB situation is FAR, FAR deeper than last year. The defense won't be as bad, even having lost TM. We may not win the NC, but we'll be better than last year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61579 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

thriller wrote: wlayton, IMHO, anyone who thinks UGA won't be as good as last year is only looking at one position on the field and probably didn't pay much attention to what happened last year with injuries. You can't lose your first TWO RBs, and your best TWO WRs and continue to perform up to capacity. We WILL get those guys back, and the RB situation is FAR, FAR deeper than last year. The defense won't be as bad, even having lost TM. We may not win the NC, but we'll be better than last year.

Totally agree......this dude was way off base.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 9 months ago #61580 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
thriller, while you were away there was some back and forth about our offense under Bobo. Looking at some of those that we played, known for good defenses over the years, our offense put up some very impressive numbers.

Looking the final scores over, from where I sit, if the defensive side had played just a little better, season would not have ended 8-5. That is with an offense that lost some valuable pieces early on.

If our defense improves say . . . . 10 to 20% number wise this year, could get interesting. Hard for me to believe that Pruitt/Rocker and Company will not get at least 10% improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Some will say we no longer have AM, lot of truth to that. If we get past AM, the other parts of our offense, if we stay healthy, could easily see 10% or more improvement on the offensive side. Thinking out loud and looking at numbers.

www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sec/2013-geo...ootball-schedule.php

More
9 years 9 months ago #61582 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Buc I read someplace were our OL is like a big Mac if CWF can find the special sauce what was a big worry can

turn into a big plus. I think the OL knows they a a stable of horses at RB they better block and move forward our

they will have a RB run up their backside Truly we have experience and depth we have not had in a long time at

OL yet to be proven is the quality Me thinks the wood is dry and it will not take much of a spark and this

gang will turn some heads Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61583 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
yankeedawg1, one would think that the vast amount of talent we have at running back and in the receiving positions, including tightend, good play calling will benefit the offensive line. This is where our center becomes very valuable with his "reads". Benefits the quarterback and those that will catch and carry the ball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61584 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

Buc wrote: thriller, while you were away there was some back and forth about our offense under Bobo. Looking at some of those that we played, known for good defenses over the years, our offense put up some very impressive numbers.

Looking the final scores over, from where I sit, if the defensive side had played just a little better, season would not have ended 8-5. That is with an offense that lost some valuable pieces early on.

If our defense improves say . . . . 10 to 20% number wise this year, could get interesting. Hard for me to believe that Pruitt/Rocker and Company will not get at least 10% improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Some will say we no longer have AM, lot of truth to that. If we get past AM, the other parts of our offense, if we stay healthy, could easily see 10% or more improvement on the offensive side. Thinking out loud and looking at numbers.

www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sec/2013-geo...ootball-schedule.php

Thanks for posting that schedule, Buc. Looking at those games, I see one BLOW up game, the one against Missouri. Other than that, we were in every game, and against some very good teams. I'm betting that if our D improves a little this year, and the O only gets better by not losing about half our skill players to injury, we'll win 10 or more. Last year was a HORROR show of bad breaks. I just don't believe that'll happen again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds