Forum

From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61599 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
When the previous defensive coordinator was in Athens, never did I read or hear any player go this far when describing feelings toward the coach. Still remember arms waving in the air, defensive coordinator running up and down the sideline, arms waving and screaming. Seems he was constantly in a players face when the defense returned to the sideline.

grantham did not recognize the problem . . . . he was not getting the message across to those that were supposedly being coached by him. Again looking back, he showed a lot of favortism, something like urban meyer did at Flordia. Both had their "special ones".

“Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt (defensive coordinator/secondary) is a great coach and a great man,” said senior safety Corey Moore. “I can relate to Coach Pruitt, first of all because he’s pretty country and I’m a country guy myself. We actually had a senior dinner at his house, maybe two days ago. I really sat down and got a different perspective and more respect for him because of who he is as a person. He’s a great man.”

I have this suspicion that Jeremy Puitt is a down to earth coach. I also believe that the dinner for the "Seniors" had some thought behind it. Pruitt is looking for leadership from the Seniors. What better way than to sit around the dinner table and chat. Just a thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61600 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

DawgDoc wrote: With the loose of MM & the other receiver we ill be lucky to win 7 or 8 games this year. Our QB was counting on MM to get him over the hump, not going to happen. Sorry to be so down in the dumps. We are counting on freshmen & other wide receivers to bale us out, an't going to happen. Know Buc knows more football than God Himself, but you have to have people that know what to do to make this team work & we are short at wide receiver & OL at the present time. Wonders do happen, but don't hold your breath. Hope I am dead wrong, but bring an old "fart" it's just how I feel.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey DawgDoc,

It would be great to have MM and JSW for that first game, but in their place we'll have CC and MB, with a generous helping of Rumph, and Reggie will also be in there. Reggie Davis is a serious down field threat, as is Conley. Michael Bennett is a HOSS for catching the cured leather. And while Rome hasn't measured up to his potential, he HAS played a lot and the game has slowed some, and he has made some big catches in some big games. I believe he will wear out some LBs on those intermediate routes. With Gurley, Marshall, Michel, Chubb, Turman and Douglas available at all times, we'll have at least one or two backs that can help with the short to intermediate game.

Like I said earlier - JUST STAY HEALTHY! I agree with DWS. Ram the ball down Climpsns throats!!! Line up the O-Line hosses, run a faster pace offense and just pulverize Climpsn.

Cheer up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61601 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Mentioned in Post #20 in this thread my feelings on Keyon Brown. Apparently those that are playing the game have noticed Keyon Brown also. Have to like the "depth" possibility. When Floyd brings the following names into play, worth taking note.

Freshmen outside linebackers Lorenzo Carter and Keyon Brown were both listed by Floyd as players who could put pressure on he and Jenkins, saying that they can “both come in and get playing time if they come in and do what the coaches expect them to do.”

My way of thinking, this quote says it all. Quality depth and . . . . solid coaching.

“I welcome the competition,” Jenkins said. “It’s only going to make all of us better. I’d like to see them hit the field so we can all play hard and get a couple of plays, get out, come back in, play balls-to-the-wall not worrying about trying to save yourself for later in the game.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 9 months ago #61602 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Amen own the balls to the wall.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61603 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

Buc wrote:

scooby wrote: Hey Buc. I havent posted in a while. You asked for comments about the HM video so i thought id give mine.

1. Lots of self confidence, almost comes across as arrogance.
2. Dont think he liked AM. Called him Murray. Prolly thought he was better. See #1. This is not a bad thing.
3. Same old same old on offense. Nothing new.
4. Talks a lot but not uncomfortable with not talking. See this at the start after he says it dont bother him nobody knows his face.
5. Whatever guy he's talking about at the end is a fruitcake.

What did i miss?

Scooby, good to hear from you again. Mean that.

#3 is one of the statements that I picked up on . . . . so did you. That can be one of two things in my mind . . . . Hutson smart enough to have "others" believe that all will be the same.

Second thought on #3 . . . . Hutson has been around for a long time and understands our offense inside and out. Not a "newbie" coming in unproven on how the offense will be run. That is a choice for those that want to either talk about how we do things the same way, over and over or those that like experience at particular positions.

Said earlier, with a bruised offense in 2013, it was not the offensive side that led to an 8-5 season, falls on the other side of the line of scrimmage. My opinion. How many teams in the SEC put the amount of points up against Auburn, LSU that we did. Might be that our "system" was pretty damn good, even when injured. Scored enough points on Florida to win. Came from behind against GT to win.

One thing for sure, getting closer to first game, and I believe that two good football teams will square off. Might be that our kicking game will be the difference.

Sometimes games like our opener come down to one or two turnovers. Hoping that we are much improved on the defensive side in 2014.

Buc (and thriller), like you mentioned above...the offense wasn't the problem last year. Also you don't go change the offense when you have a 5th year senior coming in to run it that knows that offense like the back of his hand.

DawgDoc....HM is not going to have to rely on freshmen to throw the ball to. Like Buc mentioned, we have CC, MB, RD and Rumph, none are freshman. Plus JSW and MM will be back.

It is unbelievable how injury prone MM is though. Offense is fine DawgDoc, I'd be a little more concerned with the D secondary.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61604 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
wlayton, as usual, has it pegged. I do NOT believe the "O" is going to be cause for concern. I'll put it another way - I'm glad WE don't have to play against our offense, especially with our secondary. We have some guys who can play at safety, but I sure would have liked to have had one or two more experienced guys back there. I'm sure happy Coach Pruitt understands the secondary - that makes me believe that he WILL have at least a couple of guys back there we can trust.

No more arm waving - no more batting balls up in the air on 4th and 19 - no more going for the INT when an incompletion is either just as good or BETTER - just good, solid pass defending and WRAPPING UP on a tackle, please. I think we'll be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds