Forum

From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61593 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Hey DawgDoc. Take 2 asprins and call me in the morning better yet make it two gin and tonic

All is not lost. Yet..... CC and MB are not chopped liver no telling but MM could be

Ready for the chickens. We also get JWS back for game two. Time for Reggie or Rumph to

Step up. Knee was scoped just like MB's. Last year he missed 2 games or 2 weeks

Go to hear from you enjoy the weekend. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61594 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

scooby wrote: Hey Buc. I havent posted in a while. You asked for comments about the HM video so i thought id give mine.

1. Lots of self confidence, almost comes across as arrogance.
2. Dont think he liked AM. Called him Murray. Prolly thought he was better. See #1. This is not a bad thing.
3. Same old same old on offense. Nothing new.
4. Talks a lot but not uncomfortable with not talking. See this at the start after he says it dont bother him nobody knows his face.
5. Whatever guy he's talking about at the end is a fruitcake.

What did i miss?

Scooby, good to hear from you again. Mean that.

#3 is one of the statements that I picked up on . . . . so did you. That can be one of two things in my mind . . . . Hutson smart enough to have "others" believe that all will be the same.

Second thought on #3 . . . . Hutson has been around for a long time and understands our offense inside and out. Not a "newbie" coming in unproven on how the offense will be run. That is a choice for those that want to either talk about how we do things the same way, over and over or those that like experience at particular positions.

Said earlier, with a bruised offense in 2013, it was not the offensive side that led to an 8-5 season, falls on the other side of the line of scrimmage. My opinion. How many teams in the SEC put the amount of points up against Auburn, LSU that we did. Might be that our "system" was pretty damn good, even when injured. Scored enough points on Florida to win. Came from behind against GT to win.

One thing for sure, getting closer to first game, and I believe that two good football teams will square off. Might be that our kicking game will be the difference.

Sometimes games like our opener come down to one or two turnovers. Hoping that we are much improved on the defensive side in 2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, scooby

More
9 years 9 months ago #61595 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
plain and simple run Gurley run beat the crap out of Clemson have a week off then it's time to get down to business.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61596 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Thinking now aboutthe HM clip. May just be a touch of lets not keep talking and

Go play the damn game be plenty to talk abount on Sunday after the game

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61597 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Dawg With Style, you probably have the right formula. Maybe Quayvon Hicks "grows up" and becomes a complete player. Don't know this to be a fact, suspect that Hicks got full of himself too quickly after a couple of good plays.

Never liked the fact that that our tightends were into themselves too much. We had a very good tightend that graduated and I think the Dolphins picked him up.

The other tightend I believe came to Athens thinking that he was "all that". Yes I am talking about Rome. Tried to do the basketball thing, soon realized that he was a bench warmer. Came back to football, just like high school, blocking did not fit into his portfolio. If he refuses to block, sit him. We have running backs that can wear a defense down, Gurley can actually do that himself. Never hurts to have "everyone" playing SEC football, this is not BMOC in high school.

Some might not like this but . . . . Finally I believe that the coaching staff understands that the players cannot run the program. Whose fault do I think that is? Don't have to repeat what has been said over and over.

One thing that I "think" I know . . . . Pruitt/Rocker and Company will not go along with what has been the "system" in Athens prior to this 2014 Season. Defensive coaches are on a mission, enough strength there to cause change. That would be "change" at the top. New coaches did not come to Athens to play 8-5 football.

Give me an improvement of 10 to 20 percent on both sides of the ball, 8-5 is a thing of the past.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61598 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Buc the Gurley that plays this year will be eye opening he had Murray to be the leader.

He's gone Gurley leads by example not words.

He does not even like talking to the media but as he said that's what I have to do.

He's no quiter we will get his all.
Last year when he sat if we would of been undeafted he would of played.

Check his high school championship game.

Also 29 days till kickoff that's a Good sign Jarvis's number!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds