Forum

more arrests *sigh*

9 years 9 months ago #61412 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic more arrests *sigh*
Silver lining... season has not started. I agree time for Mr Taylor to depart Athens. Another ME guy putting

Himself ahead of the team. Sadly his second chance didn't mean anymore to him than his first

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61413 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic more arrests *sigh*
Unfortunately this happens everywhere.....some schools are great at "making arrangements" (cough....Bama....cough....AU....cough) :ohmy: ;) ;)

Violence has become the norm in our society today.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61414 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
Reminds me so much of what happened in Gainesville, Florida under the urban meyer "system". Many don't keep up with what really happened under urban, down this way, folks did and "still do".

Soon, prior to the first college game, urban meyer will be displayed in an entirely different way by ESPN. With Taylor it was apparently "choking", with Aaron Hernandez it appears at this point to be multiple murders. urban meyer had not a "clue" that Aaron Hernandez was a bad boy. :whistle:

From where I sit, Greg McGarity needs to do the right thing with Taylor, release him. Bet this, he will play football "somewhere". Guess at this point he feels like a "powerful man", strangling his UGA girlfriend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61415 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic more arrests *sigh*
uh oh

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 9 months ago #61416 by growl
Replied by growl on topic more arrests *sigh*
The sad part about this whole thing is that this guy will not learn from this because someone feels that winning is more important than holding someone accountable for their actions. The NCAA (if they were what they say they are)would not allow anyone to play College Sports if they commit and are found guilty of a violent crime,plain and simple. Lets face it, society as a whole does not feel that accountability is an important factor any more.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61417 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
growl, so much of your post to agree with.

At this point, the NCAA (Not Controlling Athletes Actions) is in my opinion a lost cause. Have harped about that on this board for approximately three years. Another portion of college athletics that lacks "leadership".

My opinion, too many football coaches that protect themselves at the young mens expense. Comes back to large sums of money being doled out to these coaches. Coaches know that they have to win, that has a way of swaying what the athletic departments will and will not allow. Butts in the seats requires winning football for the entire athletic department to survive.

Too many "handshakes" in college football. Time to either pay the athletes or have this to get further out of control. My opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds