Forum

more arrests *sigh*

9 years 9 months ago #61496 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic more arrests *sigh*
Spent some time looking at public records for the surrounding area and Athens Clarke

Besides the DUI for our football player in the past 7 days there has been 28 arrests for

DUI's by 21 y/o or younger offenders. Unable with the available data to say how many are

currently attending UGA. To lay Bellamy's error at the feet of our coaching staff IMO

Is a gross error. It was his error in judgment that was the cause.

Choice is his were it goes now.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61497 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
DB(XVII)™ @DavinBellamy17
Follow Would like to apologize to #dawgnation for my immaturity. I have embarrassed myself, my family, & my brothers. I will gain your trust back

In my book that is manning up. Good on you Davin Bellamy. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61498 by yankeedawg1
Buc. Absolutely taking the responsibility. First step. Team has taken to one word

Accountability...... seems to be what Davin has done. Wish success for him

And all done without blaming coaches,teachers, or his parents. Go Dawgs!!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61499 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic more arrests *sigh*
Tick better for sure.
You know, when I have a car come in to be restored it has a lot of used parts. Some worn out parts, some broken parts and many working parts. And some of those were working "good enough", the rest are working up to specifications. None were working as a cohesive unit producing a solid functioning car.

Pruitt has the added variable of they are not "parts" they are "people". BIG difference.

Tune something here, change something there. It will definitely be different. Ticking better would be the place to be!

TEAMWORK!!! That's what makes a high performance machine.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61501 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
Believe the following parts of the article written by Marc Weiszer speak volumes. The young men that are being quoted have bought in. Think that their records while at Georgia proves the point that they believe in "team work".

Whether all believe in the entire coaching staff cannot speak to that. Those being quoted don't appear to be "ME" players from what I can gather. I would call them "TEAM" players. There are many more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marc Weiszer published what is quoted here.

“There were a lot of changes that happened and a lot of people who were at Georgia that are not there anymore,” senior receiver Chris Conley said. “I think it was kind of a statement to say that we’re going to do things the Georgia way and if that’s not the way you want to do them then you won’t be there.”

Conley said for the team to “move forward,” changes were needed.

“The guys that left were great players,” linebacker Ramik Wilson said before Taylor was dismissed. “We wish the best for them. …We just hope they grow up a little bit more, mature a little bit more and they’ve got their second chance.”

Wilson said he saw a culture change under new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt this spring that continued into summer workouts.

“A lot of people care more,” Wilson said. “A lot of people give more effort and a lot of people want to be great, want to go down in history. Coach Pruitt pushes us. He’s not going to take nothing. He’s not going to take less from you. He wants the best out of you. If you can’t give your best, you’re not going to play. He made that clear.”

Players got a sense of what was coming when Pruitt was hired from national champion Florida State in January.

“Pruitt sent a message the first day he stepped on campus,” said J.J. Green,, who is contending for a starting spot in the secondary at the nickel back position. “If you want to do it and want to get the job done then you’re going to get the job done.”

Those who followed Pruitt’s ways were rewarded by moving up the depth chart.

Sometimes it was a walk-on instead of a returning starter.

“I think they understand any playing time they get, they’ve got to earn it,” Richt said.

“(The new staff has) put in a system of how we’re going to go about our business. The guys are responding well to that. There’s a lot of accountability that goes along with it, as well.”

Wilson said Pruitt can be hard to please.

“He’s all about business,” he said. “He’s not the type of coach that will scream in your face and yell at you when you mess up. He always coaches you up and teaches you what you did wrong and that’s what we need.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
9 years 9 months ago #61503 by yankeedawg1
The last paragraph.... He always coaches you up.....now where have I heard that before....

Truth. 0Friday starts fall camp. More questions.... followed by ......More answers

Say it again. This will be a fall camp different than we have seen in a long time

It will 10 times more intense than spring ball. Talking about more than defense...

Total picture.......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds