Forum

more arrests *sigh*

9 years 9 months ago #61493 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic more arrests *sigh*
Not necessarily talking about a win/loss number as being a tick better and otherwise staying the same, Buc. I'm thinking the D will be a bit better statistically, but by overall staying the same I'm talking about the same stuff we've been talking about for years--losing some we should win, playing games too close we should be blowing out, arrests, injuries (I know some injuries are unavoidable, but the vast number of catastrophic injuries we've had recently points to something else..S & C maybe?) and other problems we've discussed over the years.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61495 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
Have read an interesting article recently (in the past couple of days) about our head coach changing the training regimen. That has happened more than once in the last few years.

One thing I do understand. Mark Richt is going nowhere. Anyone that thinks differently, put your money where your mouth is.

At some point we can either accept that or go elsewhere. I left the Falcons for some of the same reasons that I now see happening in Athens.

I do believe what Ramik Wilson and others have recently had to say openly about the defensive coaching change. Took a while, slowly but surely the players feelings have been surfacing.

Soon we will know who is running the defense as well as the offense. You and I have some differences along the Mike Bobo play calling. It is what it is.

Defensively, been around football for a while, I know when I see "players give up". I also know when I see "coaches give up". That has been the case for far too long with our football team.

I was on board with the coaching change that brought grantham in. We know how that turned out. Hard to be 100%. I am on board with Pruitt/Rocker and Company on board. Know a lot more about the recently hired defensive coaches than I knew about martinez and grantham.

If nothing else, and I will debate this with anyone . . . . our recruits thus far would not look as they do now as far as commmits, had not Pruitt/Rocker and Company been in Athens. I have said it, will say it again . . . . Mark Richt needed Pruitt/Rocker and Company, not the other way around. I can scream, jump up and down, Richt ain't leaving. Best solution is for him to do the PR work and leave the coaching to those that are up on today's game.

How we get there, don't give a spit. Just want to get there. Going to be tougher now that the playoff format is 4 play, rest go play bowls. Biggest mistake made was not having 8. That way urban has to play a better team than his. My opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61496 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic more arrests *sigh*
Spent some time looking at public records for the surrounding area and Athens Clarke

Besides the DUI for our football player in the past 7 days there has been 28 arrests for

DUI's by 21 y/o or younger offenders. Unable with the available data to say how many are

currently attending UGA. To lay Bellamy's error at the feet of our coaching staff IMO

Is a gross error. It was his error in judgment that was the cause.

Choice is his were it goes now.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61497 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
DB(XVII)™ @DavinBellamy17
Follow Would like to apologize to #dawgnation for my immaturity. I have embarrassed myself, my family, & my brothers. I will gain your trust back

In my book that is manning up. Good on you Davin Bellamy. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61498 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic more arrests *sigh*
Buc. Absolutely taking the responsibility. First step. Team has taken to one word

Accountability...... seems to be what Davin has done. Wish success for him

And all done without blaming coaches,teachers, or his parents. Go Dawgs!!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61499 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic more arrests *sigh*
Tick better for sure.
You know, when I have a car come in to be restored it has a lot of used parts. Some worn out parts, some broken parts and many working parts. And some of those were working "good enough", the rest are working up to specifications. None were working as a cohesive unit producing a solid functioning car.

Pruitt has the added variable of they are not "parts" they are "people". BIG difference.

Tune something here, change something there. It will definitely be different. Ticking better would be the place to be!

TEAMWORK!!! That's what makes a high performance machine.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds