Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 1 week ago #60164 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic New Georgia Defense
Amen Buc........great points. If you want to see size, remmeber a few years ago, Miss. State always had those 330lb O. linemen yet they were 4-7 wins a year in the 90's and early 2000's. .......all sports have one thing in common and this is "speed kills".

To be honest, there is only one place that I believe you can have a 2-start recruit who is just big make it in a 3-4 defense and that is NT. You can get away with it if you are 355 NY IF you are also strong.

Other than that, I want fast players.

Obvioulsy, a 230 LB. NT could run a 4.2 / 40, and that won;t cut it at NT, but I would rather have a 310 lb. NT who is fast and agile than a 335 lb pice of blubber
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #60165 by BulldogShannon
TN awg, keep on posting my man!!!! Buc, Wlayton, Yankeedawg and others will tell you that we all disagree many times, but we ALL LOVE THE DAWGS.

I usually regret it when I say this, but I am calling it right now: we will BLOW OUT CLEMSON for a couple reasons:

1. Our new QB will have more experience than their new QB
2. Revenge
3. Home field with revenge
4. We MAY have the best 1-6 LBers in the SEC this year.

UGA 30 Clemson 13
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
10 years 1 week ago #60167 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Georgia Defense
Hell it's Saturday night and the Jack is enjoyable

Don't be surprised Clemson is held to FG's

CJP and CTR back in the SEC. Love a night game. With a sea of Red in Sanford

Let the Boys of the South Go Boom

Wart. CJP has your No Excuses as. A focal point understands words don't cut it

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 1 week ago #60170 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense

yankeedawg1 wrote: Hell it's Saturday night and the Jack is enjoyable

Don't be surprised Clemson is held to FG's

CJP and CTR back in the SEC. Love a night game. With a sea of Red in Sanford

Let the Boys of the South Go Boom

Wart. CJP has your No Excuses as. A focal point understands words don't cut it

Go Dawgs

yd1, crowd could make a huge difference in the point spread. No black jerseys, please. As you say above, "Sea of Red" will be a comfortable fit.

No doubt two weeks later in Columbia, there will be something along the lines of what we faced last season on Clemson's turf. (Crowd) SS would not take lightly UGA winning that game. Huge, early, significant game for both teams.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 5 days ago #60197 by BulldogShannon
Buc, I don't know if we will go 12-0 or 2-10, but I know one thing and you can bank on it: UGA WILL NOT LOSE two certain games this season:

1)THIS GAME TO CLEMSON. 100% of intangibles favor UGA. The extasy of a new coaching staff will hang in the air; home crowd pissed for blood and vengenace; a healthy Gurky and runniung game will pound out 200-250 yards; Mason will be asked to throw it 18-24 times; revenge for last year; they lose more than we lose; our new QB more experienced than their new QB.

WE DO NOT LOSE THIS GAME. It may be close in the sense it's not over at halftime, but by the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter, it will pretty much be known that we control this game.

2) HOME VS AUBURN. Just think back how that game tasted after it was over. PAYBACK IS A B**CH. I may be in the minority here, but for this game I WANT THE BLACKOUT BACK JUST TO RUB THEIR NOSES IN IT. IF IT'S 50-10 WITH 5 MINUTES TO GO, I WANT US TO TRY TO MAKE IT 60-10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

More
10 years 4 days ago #60200 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic New Georgia Defense
BS....sure hope you are right about AU...

Imo, they're pretty dang good. I believe the revenge factor and playing at home will make the difference but I think it will still be close. They're a good football team that is well coached.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds