Forum

New Georgia Defense

10 years 1 week ago #60092 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic New Georgia Defense

yankeedawg1 wrote: Ogredawg. My coach. Walk it off. Do they even use smelling salts anymore??

we could not even drink any water until AFTER practice

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #60094 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Georgia Defense
Miss a block or not make a tackle. Drop and give me 25 pushups

You play like you practice no game switch to turn it on.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #60095 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic New Georgia Defense

Dawg With Style wrote: Gurley said he was not giving it his all this was his 3 season of spring practice he said he was going down just by getting touched.

He said the last week of practice that this was not him and he would be ready come fall.

At least he man uped and ommited it.

I have no doubt come clemsup game Gurley going to go off.

Glad too see you back Buc that elevator got hot.
;)

Imo, champions "man up" EVERY day. A champion gives it all he has in everything he does.....no loafing....EVER. Now there are times you may not get the results of your 100% efforts but at least you gave it your 100%.

He manned up nothing, get your butt to work 24/7/365.....that's what winning championships requires!!

If I'm a coach and a player like TG says he was taking plays off, he would sit on the bench....nobody is above the team.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of TG but I have zero tolerance for not giving 100% everyday......what kind of example are you setting for your team mates especially the young pups.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #60096 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic New Georgia Defense

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: My only question is why isn't he in TOP shape??

Gurley was held out of the off season mat drills because of his nagging injuries from last season

There are many things you he can do to get into elite shape without mat drills. Imo, if he wants to lead, then lead by example.....

Not trying to blast TG but someone with his talent should always be in great shape......they ALL should be in great shape, no excuse imo.

Agree 100% but the thing is THE COACHES limited him, not Gurley limiting himself and I think now he sees the error in that about his statement and owning up to not being ready to go this spring. The problem has and will always be THE COACHES with this team not THE PLAYERS, they are young men doing what THE COACHES tell them to do weather it be limits in your conditioning or what plays to run.

Tough players gut it out and play hurt thru the little nagging type injuries. I was always told spit on it and rub some dirt on it and you will be fine. :whistle:

Nice to see ya Buc my friend

TG has 24/7 access to the facilities and IF he's limited there, he can certainly do things on his own. If you want to stay in shape bad enough, you can find a way imo. I'm not blaming his lack of conditioning soley on the coaches.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
10 years 1 week ago #60097 by growl
Replied by growl on topic New Georgia Defense
Todd Gurley came to the University of Georgia in good shape and ready to play. Its only since he's been here that there has been a question raised about his conditioning. What happened? I think we all know! Complacency.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #60098 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense

growl wrote: Todd Gurley came to the University of Georgia in good shape and ready to play. Its only since he's been here that there has been a question raised about his conditioning. What happened? I think we all know! Complacency.

Seems there was a difference of opinion between our offensive coaches on Gurley's return in the Spring.

Read now that our head coach is in agreement with Pruitt about lean and mean.

Pruitt learned a lot of what he knows under Saban's leadership. Maybe he has passed some of it along to our head coach. Saban is a leader.

growl, totally agree with you posting complacency. The "continuity" of "complacency".

Edit: Might be I did not interpret what you meant about complacency after reading your post again.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds