Forum

New Georgia Defense

9 years 11 months ago #60078 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic New Georgia Defense

wlayton wrote: My only question is why isn't he in TOP shape??

Gurley was held out of the off season mat drills because of his nagging injuries from last season

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60079 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Georgia Defense
TG showed up at the end of spring ball and in the G-Game. My money he shows up in shape for

Fall camp. Side bar new NCAA rule 8 hours mandatory S & C per week which can include film

Work with coaches. Like we know that CWF can only work with the talent he has

Same with S & C. Players need to do the work we have had ballers who had no issues with

Being in shape.

TG. May have been guilty of player speak. And we took the the bait

Go. DAWGS

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 11 months ago #60081 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic New Georgia Defense

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: My only question is why isn't he in TOP shape??

Gurley was held out of the off season mat drills because of his nagging injuries from last season

There are many things you he can do to get into elite shape without mat drills. Imo, if he wants to lead, then lead by example.....

Not trying to blast TG but someone with his talent should always be in great shape......they ALL should be in great shape, no excuse imo.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60082 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Georgia Defense
Question . . . .

Several coaches enter the SEC and the improvement is just that, improvement.

Saban, meyer, Chizik, Malzahn. Not to mention Franklin, Freeze and others.

Someone needs to explain to me why after a lengthy time in the SEC with “some of our current staff” we are still sucking up.

I will say it. We are just a “vanilla football team”.

I read on this board and others a couple of different ways to improve our football team.

Short story . . . . How do we improve our UGA Football Team?

Maybe the way to improve our football team is to read the third line of this post. How is it that “they” did it?

Some on the internet say “just askin”, old dawgs like me say . . . . Just Asking. Again it appears to me that I don’t belong in the younger generation supporting UGA Football.

Guess that Leather Helmets don't work any more. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60083 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic New Georgia Defense
IMHO it's about Motivation they are coaches that know how to get more from thieir players instead of accepting what the player wants to give. Our problem is that CMR has to much apathy for losing. Not saying he doesn't want to win but it seems like it doesn't affect him that much when we lose.

The ole we'll get them next time/year
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 11 months ago #60084 by duck
Replied by duck on topic New Georgia Defense
You are right Buc, and with this new generation of players, it is what can you do for me or show me the money. Kids now days don't play football for the love of the games like you and I, heck a coach can not even get in a players face with out getting fired. The recruitment of thugs and what have nots, have made college ball a circus with drugs, show boats ect.

Like you, give me the days of Erk butting bare headed with a player, running wind sprints up and down the stadium stairs heck I am suprised we are even allowed to do mat drills, before long, the will out law full pad practices.

I hate change!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds