Forum

NLRB RULES

10 years 3 weeks ago #59707 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES

averagedawg wrote: Buc, My wife is a certified case manager who used to investigate workers comp, also Medicare fraud and abuse.
Workers Comp is an industry.
There are many "total disability" doctors.
In my experience, those who suffer the most serious injuries are those who cannot wait to get back to work.

Amazing how Washington, D.C. can screw up an entire nation. Much like our offensive line has been recently, not returning to work. Not all, some.

Theus said after the 2013 Season was over that he was going to have to go to work. That statement floored me.

Everyone cannot be "all that" but they can respect the fact that they are being "paid" to do a job. Education does not come cheap. Too many very talented offensive linemen going to other universities, not too hard to figure. It is not necessarily the book work education, it is the education they get playing a certain position. GPA's prove that out in most cases.

Comes back to this. Don't make it in football, did not get a degree, only in school for a couple of years, nothing to fall back on. Street corners lead to trouble at some point.

Lots of high paying jobs for unskilled workers in the Dakotas and elsewhere. Some how that shoe does not seem to fit.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59708 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic NLRB RULES
Seems these days everyone is "entitled" to something.
Free phones, free rent, free daycare, free food...................
Nothing in life should be free except freedom, freedom to succeed, freedom to fail.
Freedom to work, freedom to be a bum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59709 by Buc

averagedawg wrote: Seems these days everyone is "entitled" to something.
Free phones, free rent, free daycare, free food...................
Nothing in life should be free except freedom, freedom to succeed, freedom to fail.
Freedom to work, freedom to be a bum.

Amen and High Fives on your post averagedawg.

Again, takes me 1,000 words, you do it in less than 100 to get the point across. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59720 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic NLRB RULES
I would be lying if I said this came as a shock. Being in a younger generation I've played my fair share of video games, NCAA football by ea sports was a huge buy for me year in and year out. Cancelled now, bc of mr Ed obrien and his lawsuit.

This will more than likely be a long process. This may be the end of college football entirely. NCAA is a corrupt organization that for years made profits off of the players likeliness. Lawsuits have begun, players want to be paid bc they make the machine that the ncaa is exist.

I for one am against paying college players, believe they get more benefits than they realize. But I'm also against the NCAA bringing in huge profits from these guys and they never see a dime of it.

Don't really know how to solve the whole players wanting to get paid thingy besides paying them....

We have started on a slippery slope my friends, a very slippery one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59721 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic NLRB RULES
Excuse me ed obannon is the name.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59723 by Buc
BullDawg2010, good to see you back.

If I could reach through my computer screen and shake your hand, it would be done.

You said this NCAA is a corrupt organization that for years made profits off of the players likeliness.

Never has there been a truer statement made.

Emmert has nothing to lose in this fight. He is against everything that the NCAA should be about. Emmert is trying to have some or many believe that the NCAA is all about "protecting" the integrity of the institution.

Comes down to this for me . . . . Emmert is like some in the government that have never carried a piece or any sort of weapon to protect those that he should be supporting and protecting. Emmert and grantham, put them in a bag, shake them up, and what comes out of the brown bag? Two very large EGO's that survive at the EXPENSE of others. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, BullDawg2010

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds