Forum

NLRB RULES

10 years 3 weeks ago #59603 by Buc
NLRB RULES was created by Buc
NLRB has ruled in favor of the Northwestern University football players. Right to organize and receive pay.

This and the Disney takeover, welcome to the world of College Football 2014.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59604 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NLRB RULES
Looking more and more like I'll be watching college "sports" less and less.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59605 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES
sadlerdawg, still has to be presented to the court. My guess, think we will see some universities dropping football.

Those with the big bucks will get the "players" they want. Universities like Texas and Alabama, and of course Auburn, they always seem to find the money "somewhere".

As for us (UGA) have to look at those that give raises not just buisness cards for work done well.

Been a long time coming sadlerdawg, you and I go back several years on this one. I actually liked your way better, just knew with the NCAA and "other things" this had to happen. This will also cause serious problems with college/NFL relations.

Just saying, again.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59606 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NLRB RULES
Buc as much as i thought there are many ideas better than paying players, like the richt issue, I felt certain I was on the losing side of the argument. If/when they start paying players or charging to watch, I will find other ways to spend my time other than watching college sports.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59607 by Buc
sadlerdawg, guess the time has come for some that thought Saturday afternoon, tailgaiting, great times in college football would remain the same.

I have squawked a lot on this board about "simple things". Railroad tracks and such.

Now we see one of the things that Commissioner Slive was doing when talking about the SEC and Disney (M&M) joining hands. This is another step from Disney to take over college football. Some that don't understand, will see a short time down the road.

Anyone on this board doubt that Disney has a powerful group of lobbyists in Washington, D.C.?

Some might think that I am being an old crotchety POS. Not a soul on this board that has enjoyed UGA or college football more than Buc.

I don't sugar coat BS, BS is still the same color once the sugar coat is gone.

Just saying.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59608 by Buc
Thought I would pull this thread up. Think the only response was yankeedawg1.

Yes I realize that everyone wants to have everything fall in place. Saturday football with all of the memories we have gathered over the years. Anyone that reads this think that I have not longed for the way it "used to be"?

Have also said . . . . if you and I don't speak up, express the fact that we (you and I) don't want to see College Football move to an area that we have no voice in, what the hell are we doing here or accomplishing? Wonder what Munson and Grizzard would have to say about this turn of events. Turn of events whether or not the court rules for or against.

I think that too many here read and don't express their feelings, whether pro or con. I do know that I get a lot of mail because I post here. Sometimes, many times, get blown out of the water, but best I remember from my publishing days . . . . it is what it is.

sadlerdawg and I went a couple of rounds on this issue. I conceded.

dawgs.com/forum/georgia-bulldog-football/52744-sec-network-m-m
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds