Forum

NLRB RULES

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59621 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic NLRB RULES
Instead of paying the players under the table like most do now they will get the money out in the open with an agent getting his share. Best players will go to the highest bidder and education will no longer be a concern. The players will be loyal to the dollar not their teams or schools. Sad day for college sports.

I did not see this coming at least on this scale. Agree it will take some time and the public schools will have some say as to how it will eventually be implemented.

I for see the NFL going the way of the NBA and getting players right out of HS or after the freshman year. One and done will be the norm of College Football.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59622 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NLRB RULES
I didn't see this coming many years ago, but for the last few years I knew it was. Once it gets implemented, stand by, because then the HS players will want to get paid and Junior High players will be holding press conferences to announce which HS they will grace with their abilities. And I'm not joking. There's already a "reality" show about pee wee football.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago #59623 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES
Deals were made in the past for high school athletes. It was however done in a different way. Won't call names but some here know what I am fixing to say.

One of the, if not the best high school football programs over many years could always find jobs for parents of players. Much better jobs and pay than these parents had to deal with prior to the "new job openings".

sadlerdawg, sometime back and again recently I posted a thread with video about the money changing hands in South Florida. Has been corrupt for many years, and still exists. It does not work if those at the "top" don't allow it. That last line can be applied to many different areas.

More I think about it, going to agree with wlayton about the length of time to see this happen, happen in full force. As soon as one (1) university adopts the plan, it will be like the wildfires in California, really no way to stop them.

We have the coach of South Carolina openly saying that the players should be paid. One thing for sure, that does not hurt him or his school on the recruiting trail.

Regardless of when this takes effect, these young men now have it in their minds that the "legal" systems around the country are moving in that direction.

Watching all of the attorney adds on television these days, soon enough many of their commercials will be directed at the 16, 17 and 18 year old football players.

Guys, remember this recent occurrence? We have four football players that wanted what? Money. Not concerned about education or the team, came down to pocket change. As DAWGtm said in this thread, it has become a different world that we live in. It is not the players that will have to adjust, it is you and I. When all of this is wrapped up, regardless of length of time, college football as many of us have known it will never be the same. Progress is what they tell old farts like me. OK.

DWS, Quayvon Hicks was born with great talent. Think I read somewhere that he had "Chip" moments last season . . . . lips in the pouty position.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59624 by Buc
Anyone that reads this board consistently knows that kentdaddy and myself hit the NCAA "character" approach with a lot of words some years back, two or three, I believe.

The NCAA is all about money in their pockets. Fact. Leadership in the NCAA is much like the leadership we had at UGA on the defensive side of the ball under grantham. Both end up waving their arms for this reason . . . . they do not have solutions. Leader of the Louisville defense pulls in over one million a year. NCAA leader, same.

Below is an article that calls the NCAA exactly what it is and what the NCAA is looking for, or maybe I should say, not looking for in a positive way.

Long read, good read.

www.sippinonpurple.com/northwestern-wild...lrb-ruling-and-it-is

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59625 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: Instead of paying the players under the table like most do now they will get the money out in the open with an agent getting his share. Best players will go to the highest bidder and education will no longer be a concern. The players will be loyal to the dollar not their teams or schools. Sad day for college sports.

I did not see this coming at least on this scale. Agree it will take some time and the public schools will have some say as to how it will eventually be implemented.

I for see the NFL going the way of the NBA and getting players right out of HS or after the freshman year. One and done will be the norm of College Football.

ogredawg, according to the amount of dollars involved, could also go this way. If the plan is put into place for college football, then the university also has a seat at the table that might make the Agent/Player sign on with the university for four years. A contract between employee and the "company".

Many ins and outs that can be suggested or discussed, but one thing is for sure, this is not going away. Like fishing offshore, we chum to bring the fish to our bait, along with the fish come the "sharks". We are entering "Lawyer Heaven" on this issue.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59626 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic NLRB RULES
What is truly a shame is that these kids are going to be exploited and in the end it's going to harm more than it helps. Because I can't see a both paying players and also giving scholarships.The lawyers,agents and the unions are the ones that are going to be making a killing. They have these kids thinking they care about them when in reality all they care about is the $$$$$
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds