Forum

NLRB RULES

10 years 1 month ago #59678 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES
Welcome dawgs_fans_dad. Impressive first post.

Picked this up from your post . . . . With everyone getting rich of college football except the players, the only surprising thing is that it took this long. The disappointing thing is that it was probably preventable.

I will always believe that the changing of the guard at the NCAA, placing Emmert in charge just pushed the entire mess forward. Again a lack of leadership where it matters the most, from the one that should be much further along in his decision making. The NCAA for far too long has been sucking the life out of college football especially.

Do believe that soon there will be changes made, and I for one hope that the dismissal of Emmert is the first order of business. Another million dollar loser. Can I get a second to that motion?

Again, welcome to this board. Notice that you have been around for a while, reading and not posting it appears. Happy trails. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59679 by growl
Replied by growl on topic NLRB RULES
Buc, I second that, and Welcome aboard dawgs_fans_dad a really good post to get things rolling. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
10 years 1 month ago #59680 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic NLRB RULES
Welcome DFD

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59685 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic NLRB RULES
Just saw this interview...
NCAA pres Emmert says on CBS to keep focus on students as athletes. If the athletes change from students to employees it changes everything. He thinks society needs to re-balance the focus on athletics in college. The education they get there is more valuable than getting paid. In other words, he is against athletes as employees. He believes college sports is part of the educational process at educational institutions.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

10 years 1 month ago #59686 by Buc
Also continues the guarantee of him receiving over 1 million dollars a year.

Worst thing that ever happened to the NCAA and College Athletics . . . . Emmert.

Handwriting is on the wall.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59688 by Buc
As some have said here and elsewhere, this will be in the courts for a long time.

What does Emmert have to lose by saying he will fight this? Nothing. Stays in the courts for ever how long, Emmert continues to draw that yearly wage of over 1 million dollars. Unless I miss my guess, that will increase before a decision is made down the road. Something like what continues to repeat itself in Washington, D.C.

Emmert is not paying out of pocket for this . . . . those with Jersey Numbers and other things that "employees" don't have a say in will continue to foot the bill.

I realize most here don't want to talk about anything but football, but this is football talk at the "grass roots level". I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds