Replied by TN Dawg on topic Spring practice
We’re just tired of just being mediocre

Man, I think that about says it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59850 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Spring practice
I can assume that there will be many surprises this season.
Depth seems to be our perpetual downfall.
Injuries are inevitable.
Lack of depth across the board doesn't have to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59851 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice
Another thing Gurley said that caught my attention, reading from DWS's post.

Senior Ramik Wilson continued to be a force after leading the SEC in tackles last season. Wilson collected seven tackles in the scrimmage and drew some praise from Gurley.

“That boy Ramik, I can never get away from him,” he said.

averagedawg mentioning depth. There is a lot of chatter about Carter this Spring. This group could be "scary" right from the get go. Personally don't like to say that "stuff" but there is a lot of talent on the defense, just really needs a "teacher". Might be we have one, or more.

Under grantham our linebackers were 5 or 6 yards behind the defensive line. Even our defensive backs were playing way off of the wide receivers. Never understood.

Now Pruitt has moved the linebackers 2 or 3 yards behind the defensive line. Makes it tougher to get those yards that grantham's defense allowed.

Believe I read where Pruitt and his group were going to make sure that the players learn how to tackle. If this first year under Pruitt and company can draw complaints from Gurley about not being able to do his thing, believe we are on the right path.

We know that there will be some big plays given up, but I wonder percentage wise, comparing Pruitt v grantham defenses how that will play out. Think I know.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59852 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice
See any thing missing in the article below?

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/81551/pol...fensive-line-in-2014

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59853 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
No love for the Dawgs by Chris Low. As been pointed out we have been lacking on the

O. Line for years. Just a feeling as I posted before. This group of under whelming

Players and those headed to campus this fall will gel under CWF not to a great OL but

Will get better each game. And become a good unit with some depth

Remember the TV show. The Weakest Link ???? With our secondary and ST getting better they

don't want to inherent that title

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59875 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Spring practice

Buc wrote: Another thing Gurley said that caught my attention, reading from DWS's post.

Senior Ramik Wilson continued to be a force after leading the SEC in tackles last season. Wilson collected seven tackles in the scrimmage and drew some praise from Gurley.

“That boy Ramik, I can never get away from him,” he said.

averagedawg mentioning depth. There is a lot of chatter about Carter this Spring. This group could be "scary" right from the get go. Personally don't like to say that "stuff" but there is a lot of talent on the defense, just really needs a "teacher". Might be we have one, or more.

Under grantham our linebackers were 5 or 6 yards behind the defensive line. Even our defensive backs were playing way off of the wide receivers. Never understood.

Now Pruitt has moved the linebackers 2 or 3 yards behind the defensive line. Makes it tougher to get those yards that grantham's defense allowed.

Believe I read where Pruitt and his group were going to make sure that the players learn how to tackle. If this first year under Pruitt and company can draw complaints from Gurley about not being able to do his thing, believe we are on the right path.

We know that there will be some big plays given up, but I wonder percentage wise, comparing Pruitt v grantham defenses how that will play out. Think I know.

Big plays given up???.....no where to go but "down" with that statistic.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds