Forum

Spring practice

10 years 3 weeks ago #59819 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice

averagedawg wrote: With Saban's OL and our RBs, we wouldn't have a worry in the world.
But until OL recruiting becomes priority #1. we will never reach the top.
No amount of rah rahs, blah, blah.......will change that.

When I first came to this board, averagedawg was on top of the offensive line play. At that time we both agreed that Stacy Searels was a bright spot for UGA.

One thing happened in Athens after Coach Searels arrived in 2007 . . . . the head coach never recognized the talent that he had on his coaching staff. Read the following article, does it make sense that Stacy Searels did not understand or know how to coach the offensive line?

Yes, again I know that some have a problem with me, get those emails and other call outs. All I am trying to do is move some away from the "stuff" that has been going on under the lack of "leadership in Athens".

How many more years will it take to be recognized and "confirmed" as one of the top five (5) teams in the Nation? What is holding us back? Will the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt take us to the top? If that is so, why are our offensive leaders dissatsified? Not tough questions . . . . not tough answers from where I sit.

Want our players to be tough? Do we expect the same from ourselves? Tough questions demand or maybe I should say . . . . request "real answers".

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/searels_stacy00.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59842 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
Just getting around to reading the Sunday paper

this link is worth the read TG toward the end of the article uses words that have been posted here several times

by different folks Tells me as Buc has said others read what is posted here they know it is no BS

dogbytesonline.com/after-slow-start-to-s...nto-high-gear-82964/

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59843 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Spring practice
Watched some of the Ole Miss Spring Game on ESPN3 today. Replay, game was played on Saturday.

There is a lot of talent on that team. Offensively and defensively. Might be two deep on both sides of the ball. Team that could and will cause some problems in the Western Side of the SEC.

Main reason that I mention the game is . . . . here is hoping that we can keep more of our young players in state. Looking around at different teams, just SEC teams, not counting others that come in and leave with top flight young men, loads of talent has been leaving for too long.

Has to be a reason for that other than, Atlanta and surrounding areas don't feel the need to attend UGA. I understand that, makes a lot of sense. What I don't like is the fact that we, UGA for some reason has a problem with this talent leaving. Why can't we out recruit the likes of Ole Miss for our top rated player?

Usually it comes down to the person or persons recruiting a young man. If that is the case, I can understand even more clearly why much of the talent chooses to go elsewhere. Think about our recent past. Look at the coaching turnovers, also look at some of the coaches that we have had leading(?) our football team.

Would I as a young player rather play for Saban or Richt? Would I rather have Smart as my defensive coach or Martinez? Would I want to play for grantham or . . . . take your pick. There have been too many coaches in the SEC that have accomplished more in a much shorter time that we at UGA have.

Seems to me this last reach to get ahead, meaning hiring Jeremy Pruitt, is a last ditch effort to play at the top. This final four thingy is going to be BIG, real BIG. Young players are going to flock to the schools that make it to the playoffs.

Handwriting is on the wall. From where I sit. Mediocre somehow does not sit well with me. Have said more than once, say it again . . . . it is all about leadership. Coaches like Saban understand that. How many more will pass us in the SEC if we continue on the same path? Something has to change, and that means more than hiring a Defensive Coordinator.

Am I saying fire Richt, no. I am pretty much past that, ain't gonna happen. My hope is he stays the hell out of the way or . . . . changes the way he runs the UGA Football Team.

Anyone on this board think that we (UGA) will be in the final four in 2014? If it came down to a ten thousand dollar bet, would you place it on UGA or Bama? Are we a top 4 team? I don't know, won't know much more than I do know until I see how our defense performs. That is only 1/2 of the team. Much like having only 1/2 of the coaches. Just asking . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59844 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
Hard to place any bets this early. Sure we have a horse in the race why not UGA

FSU. Don't feel it is a strong possibility that they repeat

Seems everyone in the SEC is in a retooling season. As stated fear no team we play

Time wil tell if Assburn was a one trick phony as they were with Cheesestick

Does Gus have any new tricks. Be sure last years won't work as well

OSU. Same song different year. Just a wide open field. Much to be learned

Go. Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59845 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Spring practice
Want to believe top four,but top ten more of a possibility. Sorry folks just being real.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59846 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Spring practice
Gurley steps up in scrimmage
BY CONNOR SMOLENSKY

"Todd Gurley (3), shown taking a handoff from quarterback Hutson Mason during a March 18 spring practice session, rushed for 67 yards on 10 carries in a scrimmage Saturday."

"This season, Gurley will try to escape the perceived mediocrity that has surrounded the football program in his two years with the team. His practice efforts this week are a direct correlation to his thoughts regarding this season. “We’re just tired of just being mediocre and going to the SEC championship game, going to the bowl game and losing,” Gurley said. “We are just trying to start something and buy into the system.”"

Read more here: www.macon.com/2014/04/05/3032039/gurley-...0/166/#storylink=cpy

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds