Forum

Spring practice

10 years 2 weeks ago #59878 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Spring practice

Buc wrote: Locked in your man cave yet, or will that be tomorrow wlayton? Supposed to be great weather for the Masters.

All set and ready. Made sure the lock on the door was working.

Recording the par three contest at 3:00 today and set to record Thursday and Friday. "Man cave" is clean, comfortable and well guarded.....it is clearly understood with the family that I only come out for food and eventually to go to bed. If they want anything from me this weekend, they had better speak up in the morning.

Aaaaahhh, the Masters.....greatest sporting event on the planet (imo)....totally stoked, can you tell?? :blush: B)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59890 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Spring practice
As of now, Bobo said he isn’t tailoring the offense to take advantage of Bauta’s ability to run.

“It’s not like you’ve got Nick Marshall or Michael Vick, and you’re going to tailor your whole offense around that guy,” Bobo said. “I’m not going to change everything we do to center it around the quarterback when we’re centered around more of a run-game and that sort of thing. If that guy becomes the guy, and he’s the best guy, then you’ll see things more tailored for him.”

Copied this from a article I read and it stuck in my crawl. This is the the problem and what limits us as a team. The inability to fully utilize the talent of our players. They need to stop trying to fit all players into the image of what a QB should be and let them use what God has givin them. If I was FB after reading this article I would find a university that would appreciate my skill set. Funny he mentioned Nick Marshall didn't we have him at DB. Kinda hard to show what you can do at QB if your not giving the chance. One year after he was released he played in the NC and we were sitting at home watching. :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59891 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Spring practice
Typical Bobo and the vanilla offense he runs. Mason is no Murray and Bobo is going to find that out real quick....

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59892 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Spring practice
I agree with you guys but do we really know? Do we really know how much Bauta has caught on to the system etc?.....I certainly don't.

My friend that has connections up there says just that, a talented kid but hasn't grasped all the intricacies of the offense just YET.

I, too, like the "Shockley" type QB but Shockley was there 4 years and knew the offense etc. Be patient, if Bauta is "all that" he will master the offense and get on the field.....just may be taking him a little time which is understandable.

With the weapons around HM they don't need him to do much personally, just put them in the right situation/blocking schemes/plays etc and let the talent on offense do the work.

imo

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59897 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Spring practice
Case off less is more.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More