Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50179 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AD5......nothing in life is a simple fix. Always......always more than meets the eye.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50182 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Looking back over the past, a long way back up until now. We have on occasion had defensive backs that are willing to take a stand. Jake Scott was one that would and did get the opposing teams attention. Not going to go through all of the names that many are aware of, there were however some "Blue Chippers".

Shawn Williams whether you were the reason for our guys playing "Grown Man Football" or not, from all I can gather, appears that you made an impression on those that needed that little boost. You belong on that list of DB's that made a difference in UGA football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, WoodstockDawg, TampaDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50183 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Totally agree buck. Shawn Williams definitely got our defenses attention. I still think coaches should get players amped up, but you'll see no complaints from me about how the defense played
Saturday. Williams called the defense out and they stepped up, hopefully the defense will continue to play this way for the rest of the season. I see many people predicting this team now to win out but lose to bama and play in the sugar bowl. If the defense steps up, and aaron murray steps up I don't see a reason why we can't upset bama and play for the title. One loss sec teams have played for the title before no reason why it can't happen this year.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50184 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

AllDawgs5 wrote:
This coaching staff still has a lot to prove, and please don't think I totally behind them because I am not, but sometimes it is just not as easy as firing coaches and hoping they were the only reason we had problems.

GO DAWGS

Sometimes though... when the problems have gone on year after year after year... while
players have come and gone.. you have to look at the common denominator, and that is the
coaching staff.

I do not believe many, many, many people having serious doubts about the coaches is just
some throwing of a dart in the dark and hoping it hit the right spot. Arriving at the
decision we could be even better with a different regime was not an easy conclusion
so many of us arrived at together. It was something people concluded after several years
of closely examining what is going on within the program.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50185 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Very good post Wartdawg. I understand where you are coming from and mostly agree with it. I guess my thinking and confusion comes from this. If we win out, that puts us at 11-1. Last year, we won 10 games, have beat fu twice in a row. I realize the schedule is not that tough, but it is tougher than many of the teams in the Top 10 in my opinion.

With that being said, there is still 4 games left to play this regular season. If we don't win out, to me it is an easy decision. If we do, will worry about the SEC champ game when we get there. Can't be a repeat of what I saw last year, or again it is a much easier decision.

I would bet on this though, if we fire this staff, I believe they all will end up cosching again at a big time program if they want to. Don't know exactly what that means to me, guess it would depend on how they fair.

Little confused at this time, but still have 4 games to paint a clearer picture to me.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldSouthDawg, WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #50186 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Good common sense discussion guys. :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More