Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50187 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

Buc wrote: Good common sense discussion guys. :)

Most accurate term I've read for me so far is AD5's....."confused".

Maybe another term might be this team is a ......."Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" ??

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50188 by wlayton

BullDawg2010 wrote: Totally agree buck. Shawn Williams definitely got our defenses attention. I still think coaches should get players amped up, but you'll see no complaints from me about how the defense played
Saturday. Williams called the defense out and they stepped up, hopefully the defense will continue to play this way for the rest of the season. I see many people predicting this team now to win out but lose to bama and play in the sugar bowl. If the defense steps up, and aaron murray steps up I don't see a reason why we can't upset bama and play for the title. One loss sec teams have played for the title before no reason why it can't happen this year.

True......but if we were to go 12-1, I don't think we would play for the NC.

Unless ND, Oregon, KState fold their tents.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #50189 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Wlayton, your right didn't think about the other undefeateds. But I think the bcs should throw Oregon out their schedule has been weak. As the season went on Georgia's schedule has increasingly become more challenging I mean who would have ever though Florida would be the number 2 team in the country? Sadly I think the blowout from Columbia will be the only reason a 12-1 Georgia team doesn't make it to a national title. Richts years as head coach has seen numerous times where one or two loses has cost us a chance for the title wouldn't suprise me if this happens again. But even so I'm probably just getting my hopes up. We would have to beat a HUGE opponent in bama, and while I stand by my previous post where I think we have a shot to beat them and suprise the world, it would be a huge battle. A battle I look forward to see if we can come away victorious :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #50190 by wlayton

BullDawg2010 wrote: Wlayton, your right didn't think about the other undefeateds. But I think the bcs should throw Oregon out their schedule has been weak. As the season went on Georgia's schedule has increasingly become more challenging I mean who would have ever though Florida would be the number 2 team in the country? Sadly I think the blowout from Columbia will be the only reason a 12-1 Georgia team doesn't make it to a national title. Richts years as head coach has seen numerous times where one or two loses has cost us a chance for the title wouldn't suprise me if this happens again. But even so I'm probably just getting my hopes up. We would have to beat a HUGE opponent in bama, and while I stand by my previous post where I think we have a shot to beat them and suprise the world, it would be a huge battle. A battle I look forward to see if we can come away victorious :)

I'm with ya all the way.

That USC loss was very damaging.

Do you believe in miracles? (actually I do).....that is what it would take to beat BAMA. They are SO solid with no weaknesses.....would be ecstatic to play them.......stranger things have happened.

They better pay close attention to Ole Miss, they can run the ball very well. Not a lock win in my book. Perfect set up for a let down BUT the players can now "see the light at the end of the tunnel" as well which should make them crank it up.

D plays intense, we will win easily because believe AM and the offense are going to try to make a statement.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #50194 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
No way we play for a mythical national championship this year. However (quote from Wikipedia):

"In yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36."

Crazy things sometimes do happen.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50196 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

thriller wrote: No way we play for a mythical national championship this year. However (quote from Wikipedia):

"In yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36."

Crazy things sometimes do happen.

I wouldn't say no way.

Actually, it's pretty simple: if UGA wins out and 2 of the 3 non-SEC unbeatens lose, the Dawgs will play for the national championship.

I like our odds against LSU better than Bama, and would like to get some revenge for last year, so I'll be pulling for them on Saturday to pull off a shocker in Death Valley.

Hoping for a miracle. It is going to be a very tough pill to swallow if two of K-State, Oregon, and Notre Dame lose a game and we don't win the SEC.

Believe the Dawgs will most likely end up in the Sugar Bowl.

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds