Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50173 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Great post AD5.....

Your last sentence made me think of Muschamp and when the camera was put on him staring at one of his players that had just made a dumb mistake. Funniest thing I have seen in a while......it was all he could do to keep from killing that kid, smoke was coming out of his ears. I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my face.

Best Gruden impersonation I've ever seen.....made Gruden's looks seem tame in comparison.....thought his head was going to explode.

Hilarious, surely everyone saw that piece during the game......priceless.

See if this video works if not, google it.

VIDEO: Florida's Will Muschamp Gets Angry at Clay Burton (sorry didn't work but google it)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50174 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AD5, pretty much your whole post points to bad coaching. You have (correctly) seen Murray make the wrong reads for years. An OC and HC (both former QB's) need to correct it, or bench him if it's uncorrectable.
You say he is getting mixed signals from bozo and richt--one tells him to run, one tells him to stay in the pocket and Murray is getting confused. Coaches, get your heads and your asses wired together and decide what type of QB you want Murray to be.
And you thank Williams (correctly) for motivating the team. Proves the team is motivate-able (not sure if that's a word) and shows what they are capable of when properly motivated. That is one of the coach's responsibilities. Maybe richt can learn Motivation 101 from Williams.
And I think we all agree that richt should have been showing that type of emotion for years now.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 6 months ago #50175 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AllDawgs5 the comment you make on Shawn Williams stepping up and saying what he felt needed to be said and following through with it. Truth. It was needed. Personally think that the coaches had been a little shy in that department. I remember how the defense rallied around our new defensive coordinator after the Vandy game in 2011. I also watched them against Vandy this season, and remembere Franklin's words after the game. Said it was the best team he has played against as a coach.

As you point out indirectly, this was a Florida team at the time that was rated either #2 or #3 nationally. We look back at some of the previous games and this group (basically the same group) were not to be found on our defense.

Think I have come to this conclusion . . . . for the time being. :)

We had Williams step up vocally and physically. Jarvis Jones comes back and from my understanding, given the right of way to play anywhere behind or on the defensive line that suited him. Had to make Driskel and the Florida offensive coordinator a bit nervous. Tells me that Grantham thinks Jarvis has a grip on what he (Grantham) is after with the defense.

Jordan Jenkins, all we have to do is replay the film and watch this young terror. Smart, strong, fast, ugly temperment. Florida was not ready for this much talent coming from all directions. Look at Driskel's face not long after the game was under way. My understanding is Jordan Jenkins and Jarvis Jones room together. Damn good move on someones part.

Really good post AllDawgs5, your background shows through again. :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50176 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

wlayton wrote: Great post AD5.....

Your last sentence made me think of Muschamp and when the camera was put on him staring at one of his players that had just made a dumb mistake. Funniest thing I have seen in a while......it was all he could do to keep from killing that kid, smoke was coming out of his ears. I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my face.

Best Gruden impersonation I've ever seen.....made Gruden's looks seem tame in comparison.....thought his head was going to explode.

Hilarious, surely everyone saw that piece during the game......priceless.

See if this video works if not, google it.

VIDEO: Florida's Will Muschamp Gets Angry at Clay Burton (sorry didn't work but google it)

wlayton, saw the look live game time. That look required an immediate straight jacket.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50177 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/958/652/ScreenShot2012-10-27at1.33.06PM_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=440&q=75

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/10/27/eyes-4_3_r560_c560x380.jpg?e30e514401c44b160da53c4fd24ece0b885793ba

Copy and paste those links in your browser to see the Muschamp face

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50178 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Sadler, I wish I could just put it all on the coaches because that would be an easy fix. Not saying the coaches don't need some blame because they do. But I have seen AM make the right read against a cover 2 before so I know he has been coached to do it correctly. As far as playing another QB, I don't know about what happens during the week. I don't know if the other QB's don't perform in practice or what. As far as Hudson goes, I think it was his request to redshirt. I am guessing if he wasn't granted the redshirt he would have probably left. Everyone wants significant playing time.

As far as working the pocket, yes, the coaches probably need to take a little blame. But early in AM's career I do think he got uncomfortable in the pocket and bailed to quickly. Now, I think he hangs on to long looking to always make a play with his arm. But to me, it really isn't coaching, it instincts. You can't coach those. Just like CMR stated, once you have pumped 3 times, it is probably time to tuck it and go. Not try to jam it in. That is something that just has to come from within. AM had running lanes. I was a defensive coach. Worked individually with the secondary. I remember having a FS that would crush anything coming across the middle. That was all he was looking to do. Balls would come right by him and instead of making a play on the ball, he was sizing up WR. I remember trying to teach him the importance of actually going for the pick. Yes, big hits are great, but getting the ball back to the offense is better, most of the time. I worked with him so hard on going for the ball, that he started going for the ball on every occasion. Not exactly the result I was hoping for. It was tough getting him to understand that there are times for big hits and times for picks.

The part that is coaching to me is, AM must understand that in this league, points of any kind matter. Nothing less than a FG in the redzone. No stupid chances. Quit taking high risk. The teams that win in this league value possession, and have no problem punting and letting their defense give them another opportunity, or taking 3. I know no one likes kicking FG's all the time but against the best defenses in this league you just have to accept it. Especially, when your defense is playing lights out.

To me, AM is very similar to Peyton Manning in college. Peyton was always tabbed as the guy who couldn't win a big game. Great career, but choked in the big game. Hard to bench those guys. However, I would like for us to consider developing a QB to play the same role that DJ did with David. It was a complete change of pace and scheme.

This coaching staff still has a lot to prove, and please don't think I totally behind them because I am not, but sometimes it is just not as easy as firing coaches and hoping they were the only reason we had problems.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds