Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50148 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Watched Muschamp today on his Florida video link. I was amazed that he was as calm as he was. Most of his answers were one liners, hiding I am sure his deep feelings about the game. Did not see much of the meeting between the two, there was a lot of high fives and jubilation in the man cave.

wlayton, this upcoming group that has signed on to play with Muschamp are a very strong group. He is determined to play SEC football and both of us know that is a strong defense backed up by a offense that makes few mistakes. Check Saban and Alabama out, they just beat folks up. Not much razzle dazzle in the game plan. That is what Muschamp is shooting for . . . . in my opinion.

Another thing that I saw when looking again at the game film. We have all heard about Washington's speed, whether true or not, saw him out of the play at the line of scrimmage when Driskel took off, even had a man throw a block at him, nothing huge, however Washington caught Driskel in short order and Driskel is no slow poke. Impressed me.

Ole Miss game will tell us a lot about ourselves. Have to like the fact that our defense allowed only 9 points, no TD's. Impressive . . . . I think so. We knew that Florida's offensive line was not one of their stronger suits, but our defense ate them up most of the day.

I guess the thing that I like the most about this victory was bragging rights with a couple of folks down my way that I will certainly have some fun with. BACK TO BACK WINS.

CBS, Saturday at 3:30. Homecoming. We play with the same intensity, should at least win by a point or two. . . . .:) Ole Miss assuredly will not play dead between the Hedges.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50164 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Buc, agree with your assessment of what Muschamp is building. I'm very impressed with their D, they are very good and physical.....should be the same next year. Muschamp is doing it the right way imo.

Like ogredawg said, they better watch out for Ole Miss, they can RUN the ball well and if we resort back to our uninspired ways, it could be a long day.

Do believe we should light them up on offense though. AM, Gurley/Marshall and the WR's should have a big day. You know AM and the offense are going to want to make a statement Sat.

Beating UF is the highlight of the year for me....way to many gators in Jax area, right kd??

Ball's in the Dawgs court, let's see if they can take advantage of this mulligan.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
11 years 6 months ago #50169 by Buc
wlayton, you mention Gurley/Marshall.

One thing that I have noticed about Gurley especially since the first game in 2012. Watching all of the games I have recorded, Gurley, especially in the Florida game, is letting the game come to him, and quickly I might add. Watching him against Florida, he was different in that the game has definitely slowed down for him. Does not take the really good running backs too long to understand that.

All of us knew quickly that we had someone special. His talent for the rest of the year and beyond, has no limits. Stays healthy, he will rewrite some of the efforts that players produced before him.

Get this offensive line a bit stronger and more playing time, along with a good recruiting class, maybe we get more of that national attention that plays a big part in bowls etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, WoodstockDawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50170 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Great observation on Gurley, the game has slowed down for him. Really taking his time, following his blocks and using his vision better. Early on he was over anxious to get to the hole. That kind of patience reminds me of Lattimore......takes his time and then explodes through the hole. Hopefully the same will eventually happen with Marshall....he also has a ton of talent and we really need him.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #50171 by Buc
One play in particular, Gurley made his cut between the center and guard on the left side, hole was there, was met big time by Jonathan Bostic #1. Big linebacker that will play on Sundays. Worth the price of admission to see Gurley get up and go back to the good guys side of the ball.

Don't mean to open old wounds, if that had been IC, and a couple of backs that preceded Gurley, they would have either left the game or been in Bostic's face mask telling him how tough they are.

wlayton, have no doubts what-so-ever that Marshall is going to make some incredible runs. Another year in the program and the weight room, blocking skills will pay dividends.

This particular game, was really glad to see the coaches rely almost exclusively on Gurley. Marshall won't have a problem with that, will only make him work harder and add much to our program. Attitude from these two young men has gone a long way in my mind, good on both of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, WoodstockDawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50172 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Going back and thinking about a lot I have seen on the field and a lot I have read on the board. Very good insights. First, Gurley is a man. All there is to it. Also want to throw a big Dawgbone to the guys up front. They did a nice job of getting after fu's d-line which is a very talented run stopping unit. No back has rushed for over 100yds against them, and Gurley did. Says a lot about Gurley and that group. They aren't perfect, but I believe they are continuing to fight and learn.

Next Topic: AM. The kid has got talent. Really diappointed in his first half performance. With that being said, he didn't lay on the canvas, and he doesn't make excuses. He got the job done with the game on the line. Was it mainly his fault that the game was still on the line? Yes, but he did throw some good footballs. I do not think he sees the field very well. The forced ball to Rome. No reason that football goes there. The Cover 2 seems to be his kryponite. Last year against msu in the bowl, in the redzone saturday. We have the perfect route scheme called and yet again somehow we pick the wrong WR. Against msu, the cover squats in the flat leaving the vertical seam on the sideline uncovered, and he throws is right to the db. Saturday, the corner sinks to take away the corner route, leaving the flat wide open, and he throws is to the corner. Just don't understand. This is why I have trouble getting on the Bobo for the last year or so. You have dialed up the perfect call against that defense. That is exactly what you should hope for as a QB. Make the corner pick and they can only cover 1 receiver, and somehow we screw it up. That has to be very frustrating for CMR and Bobo. I also saw where CMR stated that he told AM that if it wasn't there, to take off and make a play with his legs. I have Bobo tell him to try to work the pocket more. I think AM is getting confused. There is a difference in working the pocket, and getting out of the pockets. The real good ones know when it is time to hang in there, and when it is time to tuck it and run. With all that being said, AM has had some nice games in some of the losses. Against Aub as a frosh, the kid really hung in there. He has had some very nice moments, and I really like the kid. Just go make plays. Quit overthinking.

Went back and really thought about where this program is at. What I watched sat. made me think we aren't that far off. We won with defense, solid special teams minus the missed FG, and running the football. Reminds of a certain couple of teams that have been in control of this league for the last couple of years......

We always question the leadership of the coaching staff. And they deserve it to a degree. But we finally had a player step-up, let his teammates have it, and look at the result. Finally seems we have a group that is worried about holding each other accountable. Thank you Shawn Williams. Also, Thank you Mike Gilliard. You didn't sulk. You strapped it up and got after it. Maybe Shawn was right after all.

Happy with the win, but I want much more. I see things that make me think this coaching staff isn't all that bad. I am one confused Dawg. Will say, CMR, please don't be afraid to show emotion to your players. I think they like it. :laugh: :laugh:

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds