Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47547 by Buc

thriller wrote: I sure hope I'm wrong about this, but isn't Ogletree suspended for the Missouri game? I thought he got two games.

Someone PLEASE tell me it was JUST ONE!

Edit: [Just got this from some site when I tried to look it up -

"VALDOSTA — Don’t look now, two more University of Georgia football players will be missing games in 2012 because they didn’t know how to act off the field.

This time, it was All-America safety Bacarri Rambo and inside linebacker Alec Ogletree who were handed down suspensions. Both will miss four games this upcoming season after testing positive for marijuana. According to Rambo’s high school coach, the two consumed brownies containing marijuana over a spring bring trip.

The four game suspensions — games include Buffalo, Missouri, Florida Atlantic and Vanderbilt — come after previous positive drug tests, which resulted in a one-game suspension in 2011."

thriller, this is what happens when one reaches a certain age . . . :ohmy: In my case anyway, totally forgot about the issues facing Ogletree.

The beauty of this situation under Grantham has changed so much since Willie departed. Todd Grantham and his NEXT MAN UP, is not only the use of words, it is the way he teaches his young players to STEP UP. No excuses coming from Grantham and his coaches, gotta luv it thriller. Keeping my eyes open, really like Ramik Wilson. P.S. so does Coach Grantham. My guess is that Gilliard and Herrera along with Robinson would step up nicely. Really beginning to like the depth of the defense and the fact that these players are cross trained.

Edit: Not trying to be ugly, after listening to this clip below, seems to me that with all of the offensive talent we have on campus in Athens, not only this year but several years past. If I am the offensive coordinator at UGA, either there is a messsage here from the opposition, or we are going to change the way we play some of the time, not all, some.

thriller, appears to me that TJ laid it on the line when discussing football at the SEC gathering. Not really saying in years past that we did not play some incredibly good offensive games, saved the defense more than once, just know that we can do more. There was some talk in another thread earlier this year about different formations. I think this is a year when we can change some things, if we don't know how, then there is room for discussion. A thought. :)

www.secondemand.com/Theater/TabId/2117/2...a2d50d74d#highlights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47548 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
On the subject of "chirping", here is a quote from Dan Mullen. I think he's hitting the crack pipe a little hard:

Mullen was asked Wednesday if he felt his program was closing that gap on the powers in his division, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU.

“I mean, we’ve had an opportunity to beat every one of those teams, right down to the fourth quarter and the last plays of the game,” said Mullen, who is 21-17 at State after last year’s 7-6 mark. “The big difference for us is we have to make those game-winning plays at the end.

“I think three of those teams have won the national championship. . . . The great thing is we’re not that far off from there, which means we’re not far off from the national title.

:lol: :woohoo:

More
11 years 9 months ago #47549 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

thriller wrote: On the subject of "chirping", here is a quote from Dan Mullen. I think he's hitting the crack pipe a little hard:

Mullen was asked Wednesday if he felt his program was closing that gap on the powers in his division, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU.

“I mean, we’ve had an opportunity to beat every one of those teams, right down to the fourth quarter and the last plays of the game,” said Mullen, who is 21-17 at State after last year’s 7-6 mark. “The big difference for us is we have to make those game-winning plays at the end.

“I think three of those teams have won the national championship. . . . The great thing is we’re not that far off from there, which means we’re not far off from the national title.

:lol: :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .....really??....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(oops, sorry :blush: )

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47550 by Buc
thriller, think that Dan Mullen is a case that can be viewed a couple of ways. If . . . if he had remained with Meyer, he would be coaching at Ohio State this season. Sometimes folks jump too quickly and while the jump might put them in the lead Dawg position, does not always pay dividends.

Personally, like Dan Mullen and think he is a good coach, just how good, don't have a clue. Dan started off doing well at MSU, but that can be a tough situation for any coach. Appears that you are right, he is doing that media thing called "CYA". He is boxed in between a couple of GIANTS in the college football world, hard to get the athletes needed to reach the goals that he mentioned. Said many times, patience is a virtue. Grantham, please be patient. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47551 by Buc
Another thought about TAM and Missouri joing the SEC. For whatever it is worth.

Texas A&M has a lot of history in football. I believe that TAM moving to the SEC was a stroke of genius on TAM University's part. They hate Texas (Longhorns) and now they have joined a conference with much prestige. TAM is going to sign players in the State of Texas that they have not been able to get before. Smart move. Listen to young players all over the country, they talk about the SEC as if that is the "only" place to be involved with the pigskin. Not only leads to National Championships, great place to have the NFL folks observing NFL hopefuls.

Don't even think that TAM won't be ready for the SEC, might take a year or so, but the end of the story is going to be . . . . . single best move by any university since all schools across the country began to align for the big bucks.

Promise you that we are going to see athletes telling Texas Coach Brown that they are going to the SEC, want to be a part of the SEC and not licking the spurs on the UT boots. Texas tried and thought that they were all that, again, hide in the bushes and watch. TAM will cause Brown and UT many problems, beginning next seasons recruiting wars.

For whatever it is worth again . . . . Muschamp left UT for UF. One smart move on Muschamp's part. Be interesting to see what happens with UT and their private network. It ain't over folks.

Haven't heard this particular piece of football mentioned by the media, they do read this board, fact. Soon there will be a story similar to this one.

Go Dawgs!!

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47552 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
Buc, I wish someone would run out of bounds during the game in Jax and tattoo the word Riddell backwards across Muschimps forehead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds