Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47514 by Buc
With you thriller. Never liked the fact that Richt apologized to Meyer about the endzone incident. Meyer really showed his appreciation to Richt's comments later . . . right? Aggressiveness certainly paid dividends in JAX that day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47515 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
Exactly, Buc. I don't really care about "more penalties", as long as they are "good" ones. Spiking the ball after a guy runs out of bounds for 20+ yards and getting penalized 15 yards is a "bad" penalty. Getting docked 15 yards for slobber-knocking some fool who piled on, as long as it genuinely sends a message, is just fine with me. Sometimes a little "unnecessary roughness" penalty is necessary. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
11 years 9 months ago #47522 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
Good post from some guy on Bill King's Dawg Blog in AJC:

"Jackson from Dublin writes: Dear Bill, I love the Junkyard Blawg and read every post when I am on the internet. I am sick and tired of hearing how easy our schedule is! I believe at worst Georgia goes 10-2, and I really hope we can go 12-0. However, I am going with 11-1, with one minor slip-up, and winning the east. However, let’s say that was Kentucky’s schedule … Kentucky would at best go 5-7! … If it really was a cupcake schedule I think every SEC team could be bowl eligible with it. However, UK, Ole Miss, and UT could not reach 6 wins with this schedule! … We can’t help UT, Florida, Auburn and Tech are down. Heck, LSU plays a down Auburn (along with Bama) and Florida team. Are we hearing anything on their conference schedule? The West is just stronger than the East right now. It cycles … a couple of years ago the East was the best, now its the West. Everything in sports cycles. GO DAWGS!!!"

That was NOT me, btw. I would add to this that we were told our schedule last year was a "cupcake" schedule . . . it included a top 5 Boise State, a top 5 LSU, a top 10 South Carolina, and a top 10 Michigan State. At the time we PLAYED them, Auburn was top 25 and GT was too. So I'm not sure how we get tagged with the "cupcake" schedule moniker. BTW, if UT goes 9-3, UF goes 11-1 and USC (east) goes 10-2 and GT goes 8-4 and we still manage to go to the SEC championship against, say, LSU at 12-0 . . . would that still be a "cupcake" schedule?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl

More
11 years 9 months ago #47523 by Buc
thriller had read that post also. The one thing that if often pointed to is the record we had against the rated football teams.

Spent the morning watching a rerun of our game in JAX against Florida. Actually surprised that we came away with that victory. Have watched this tape many times and see different things each time I twist the DVR to that game.

In all of my years of watching UGA football, this game was by far the worst I have ever seen our special teams play. There was nothing special in this game about special team play.

AM was too juiced in my opinion. He personally left points in the bag with several of his throws, at one point he was like 0-9. Receivers saved us in this portion of the game (passing) couple of impossible catches made possible.

Worst tackling that I can remember.

Two really bright spots for me in this game . . . Jarvis Jones played like a mad man. Richard Samuel did the same. If Samuel is healthly this season, he had better get the ball more than he has in previous seasons. He will run over your butt.

If we are to improve, someone better fix the special teams play. Teach those players how to tackle, wrap up.

Can't say much at this point about the offensive line, was not real impressed with last years issue.

South Carolina will be tough. Florida will surprise. Auburn has BVG, then again he has Willie. Push. Believe overall that the East will be tougher this season.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47524 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
It's the SEC.....never a cakewalk.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
11 years 9 months ago #47526 by Buc

wlayton wrote: It's the SEC.....never a cakewalk.

Truth . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds