Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47528 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
FYI, everyone . . . Gay-tor fans are doing an AWFUL lot of jawing on several sites this year. There is NOTHING as disgusting as a Gay-tor. :sick:

Edit:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47529 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

thriller wrote: FYI, everyone . . . Gay-tor fans are doing an AWFUL lot of jawing on several sites this year. There is NOTHING as disgusting as a Gay-tor. :sick:

Edit:

Yep.......for me, the next best thing to UGA winning, is UF losing on any given weekend to anyone.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47530 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
Buc, good points. On special teams - why don't we have a ST coach?! I went back yesterday and re-read the comments by the kicking coach for the Vikings, and then felt like throwing up. :sick: We would have beaten Michigan State and probably South Carolina if only we'd had someone like that guy to just help the ST people.

I realize Richt gets the "no ST coach" philosophy from Bobby Bowden, but c'mon. How many times do you have to fail to figure things out?

. . . wait a minute . . . we still have Bobo-gotta-go-go, don't we . . . never mind.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47531 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
I would like to have a ST coach as well but geez, it's not "rocket science".....is it?

I believe our coverage problems in the kicking game came from playing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers to save our starters.....which btw ARE our best athletes. Most top ST's in the country like a VT or LSU play a high % of their 1st stringers. CMR started doing that toward the end of last year and our coverage was MUCH better.

Believe a ST coach would pay dividends working with our kicker's mechanics etc........believe coverage is based on who's in the game.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47532 by Buc

thriller wrote: Buc, good points. On special teams - why don't we have a ST coach?! I went back yesterday and re-read the comments by the kicking coach for the Vikings, and then felt like throwing up. :sick: We would have beaten Michigan State and probably South Carolina if only we'd had someone like that guy to just help the ST people.

I realize Richt gets the "no ST coach" philosophy from Bobby Bowden, but c'mon. How many times do you have to fail to figure things out?

. . . wait a minute . . . we still have Bobo-gotta-go-go, don't we . . . never mind.

Back at you thriller. Good points.

Slowly and I hope surely the coaches are being re-evaluated and that will speak for itself.

One of the changes made in the coaching ranks that really excites me is JTII being responsible for bringing Sherman Armstrong on board.

My biggest fear is the same one I have when thinking about Todd Grantham. Don't want to lose top line coaching talent. Sherman Armstrong is going to have a profound effect on our football team. Young men that have never been exposed to this type of training, not really available in high school. Sherman will increase not only speed, but I truly believe that he will cut down on the "hammys" that have been bothersome on our campus over the past few years.

thriller, hoping that Mark Richt has finally figured out his course of action, not Bobby Bowden's way of coaching. It served Mark Richt well for a long time, but one has to admit, it began to catch up with the way football is played today. Anyone that has time on this board knows that I respect Bobby Bowden, just know that time stops for no one and has been discussed on this board before, more than once, football has changed and that is one of the reasons that Bobby Bowden is not the head coach at FSU today.

I am still excited with the position coach hirings that we see on the defensive side of the ball. It is working, in plain view for all to see. Read a lot about UGA's defense collapsing in the second half of football games. Won't argue that point. Reason . . . . depth. What I see going on with last and this year's recruiting makes me think that Mark Richt believes that Grantham and his crew only need one or two more years and UGA will be very hard to beat. Like it or not, that is the clearly the path that LSU and Alabama have taken to rise to the top. Depth.

While I don't know a lot about the new punter coming on campus, I do know that our kicker is exceptional, and he is a great punter. Just saying, there are some coaching moves being made that mean a lot when it comes to wins and losses.

JTII is impressing me for this reason . . . . he understands strength and probably a lot more that I am not aware of, however when he brought Sherman on board, left not a doubt in my mind about the S&C coaching at UGA. We all know that something was missing not that long ago, now I truly believe that the changes we see on the field will be a direct result of "coaching changes". Such is life. :)

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/...trong_sherman00.html

Edit: I read David Paschall, reporter for Chattanooga Free Press often. Solid reporter, some could learn from David. Below is another reason that I have so much respect for Todd Grantham. He uses the term "WE" versus the term "I". Another reason . . . the term "FAMILY". These young men get their butts kicked often, they also know that Grantham is part of their family. Respect.

"In any profession, the ability to have some stability for your family is critical," Grantham told reporters in Athens this past weekend. "It allows you to really focus on the task at hand, and that's really getting our program where we want it to go. We had a good year last year, but there were obviously things that were left undone.

"There is a lot of tradition here at the University of Georgia, which is one of the reasons I wanted to come here, and I think we've really just scratched the surface of what we can do."
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47535 by Buc
Interesting quote from T. J. Moe, wide receiver for Missouri.

"But traditionally they're one of the best teams in college football, year in and year out. Mark Richt is one of the best coaches that's ever been around. I know what a great guy he is. They have athletes. Georgia always has athletes, every year. Now whether or not they put it all together, every team's different. The chemistry you have. There are a lot of different variables. That's why some top 10 teams fall out and not end up making a bowl game."

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds