Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 10 months ago #46942 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
BTW, my beef is not with anyone on this board. My beef is with anyone who doesn't think UGA fans should be optimistic at this time of year. If you are CONCERNED because of previous years results, I don't blame you. But to tell people NOT to be optimistic because of previous years results - particularly in college football - even to go so far as to RIDICULE us for our optimistic talk this time of year, and then to suggest that "reality" will set in starting on September 1 - if he believes that, he doesn't belong in SPORTS.

Also, in order for "reality" to set in on September 1, Buffalo will have to dish it out to us. I'll bet anyone on this forum $100,000, straight up, right now, that we will beat Buffalo. The "reality" that will set in will be WINNING on September 1. Any takers on that bet? Serious inquiries only, please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago #46943 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
I don't know if you are refering to me or not Thriller, but I don't believe I complained about the postive aspect of our team. I was just stating that for me and for me only, it was hard to get excited as some, based of pervious results. I want to believe that every year will be the year. When we get those special players, I think OK maybe we get all the pieces this year. I appalaude everyone that wants to stay postive and look forward to great results. I was just mearly stating how I felt and that I am the type to just wait until the game is played and then either rejoice or say to myself well here we go again.

I never intended to critize any one on here for thinking postive and I don't think I did, but if I did offend someone I appoligize.

More
11 years 10 months ago #46944 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
No duck, I said I wasn't referring to anyone on this forum, and that was for real. I was referring to Steve Eubanks in Buc's article (I hate the article, but glad he posted it). Like I said, you certainly have a right to be concerned based on previous year's results - but Eubanks was poking fun at UGA fans in some of his quotes. He's an idiot too, and I'll tell him that to his face, given the opportunity, if he REALLY thinks Buffalo is going to start the process of UGA seeing "reality" set in on September 1.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #46945 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

thriller wrote: No duck, I said I wasn't referring to anyone on this forum, and that was for real. I was referring to Steve Eubanks in Buc's article (I hate the article, but glad he posted it). Like I said, you certainly have a right to be concerned based on previous year's results - but Eubanks was poking fun at UGA fans in some of his quotes. He's an idiot too, and I'll tell him that to his face, given the opportunity, if he REALLY thinks Buffalo is going to start the process of UGA seeing "reality" set in on September 1.

thriller, really enjoying this thread. Most of what I have read to this point is on target, point and counter point. That statement has been said many times, this is a straight forward board, a board without a lot of the "stuff" and "fluff" that the AJC's and others not only want, but promote. Carvell and others with "press passes" spend too much time doing absolutely nothing. Here, clicks do not count as they do for the AJC folks. The Carvell's make their money stirring the pot wanting you and I to respond. Thank the Lord for folks like you guys and (Gals?) that speak up without trying to be (FIRST). Jesse and Furman, not a good thing to say, however, both of you have to be rolling in your graves. That comment was said with the greatest of respect for two "True Journalist". Hoping that Seth Emerson stays true to what he was hired to do. We will see.

A bit surprised that no one jumped all over the following statement from Steve Eubanks in his article about UGA. Maybe Buc has been too close to how he feels about Erk, and finally seeing some semblence of that "attitude" returning to Athens. Thank you CTG, been far too long in coming. Hope my statements and others keep the heat on you, Erk loved working and changing things for the better.

Steve Ubanks said: :)
This time they really mean it. This time is different. This time there is Aaron Murray at quarterback and Todd Grantham leading a Junkyard Dawg defense unseen since the days of Urk Russell.

Lots of challenges ahead, and a lot of scholarships in the offering. Mark, time is now. :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #46946 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
You know BUC I read over that article two or three times, and no I did'nt like a lot of what Ubanks said but you and I have to admit that a lot of lip service has been laid out for Bulldawg fans in the past. I want too see these "New Dawgs" play like there is a chip on their shoulder and they are going to get it off come hell or high water. I do see that attitude evolving not only with the players but some of the coaches, and I'll guarantee you some fans,me included. I understand how Duck feels,but, I think patience with a purpose is now the way to go and I believe it will be sooner than later. I believe we're serious and on a mission. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
11 years 10 months ago #46948 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Not one that thinks that everything Buck Belue has to say about UGA Football is on target, recently Buck has hit on some areas that make a lot of sense. While he has always protected Mike Bobo (friends tend to do that) Buck has also hit home with facts based on stats and real life performance.

Found the link below where Buck is passing on some advice to AM. One must remember this also, AM has not had a Herschel Walker in his backfield. Makes a lot of difference, in a lot of different areas, turnovers being one aspect.

savannahnow.com/sports/2012-06-07/buck-b...-murray#.T9E0C9VYurk

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds