Dawgs.com
Remember me
Saturday November 29, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let's hope this pans out . . .

Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #1

sports.yahoo.com/news/in-this-case--havi...AD7huNOTpanpORscvrYF

I hate posting links, but this is a good article. I sure hope it turns out to be accurate. The D should gel this year.
  • thriller
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 420
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #2

thriller, #1 for UGA is pretty lofty. One thing for sure, I agree with two of those selections, Rambo, still trying to figure him out. Hope you don't mind, going to add a link that a member of this board (ecdawg) had posted on his board. Think that it contributes to your link. Interesting how Jarivs keeps popping up "Nationally".

Really like what Jarvis had to say about Sean Williams.

leatherhelmetblog.com/2012-articles/june...html#livefyre_thread
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2836

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #3

With you Buc on Rambo........don't quite understand the "big hitter" designation either (people putting too much emphasis on when he knocked himself out). He's missed WAY too many tackles imo.
  • wlayton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 990
PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #4

Buc, good link. I really like what JJ said when asked about the RBs. IC "freak of nature". KM running behind his pads. Henderson very similar to IC (the "freak of nature"). That bodes well. Let's hope IC can stay healthy this year. If/when we can get MM back on offense . . . could this be a "special" year?
  • thriller
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 420

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #5

wlayton/thriller, have been trying real hard not to play the "downside" or what I think are shortcomings of our players. Really want to see this returning group of special young men achieve all of the goals that "they" think are attainable.

Have read many articles about #18, and I am sorry, since the Auburn hit a while back (and it was one heck of a hit) I don't feel that Rambo has been "all that". Lots of interceptions, but if we watch film, he is seldom first in on a tackle. Really don't appreciate a person being mentioned as All-American and sitting out x number of games at the beginning of this season.

I really like JJ's attitude toward his teammates and coaches and University a lot better than what I see or think I see coming from Rambo and his high school coach.

Going to be very straight forward here as TN Dawg was this past week in his post. I would not be upset if Rambo's replacement became the starter after #18 returned. TN Dawg was not discussing Rambo, guess I am.
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #6

thriller wrote:
Buc, good link. I really like what JJ said when asked about the RBs. IC "freak of nature". KM running behind his pads. Henderson very similar to IC (the "freak of nature"). That bodes well. Let's hope IC can stay healthy this year. If/when we can get MM back on offense . . . could this be a "special" year?

thriller, could not agree more with your JJ comment concerning IC. One thing that I do believe . . . . I don't think that JJ is throwing "stuff" at the wall to see if it sticks. What a special young man JJ is, as we all know. There have been some media comments about UGA needing a leader or leaders . . . . I don't have to look too far to see a defensive leader . . . do you? ;)

thriller this is a really good topic.

Coaches, the ball is in your court . . . . me thinks. :)
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #7

Buc and thriller.......based on what JJ had to say about IC, makes me think IC may have put a little "shake and bake" on Mr. Jones during a few of the Spring practices. ;) :)
  • wlayton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 990
PVBDAWG

Re: Let's hope this pans out . . . 2 years 5 months ago #8

wlayton, based on what I have read and very little that I actually know about JJ other than watching him play, I have to believe that IC is going to be the missing part to our offense. There are other parts and I along with everyone else know that. I am still a serious beliver in KM. Sometimes 6 or 8 yards running behind the pads can turn a game around. Remind anyone in JAX last season. RS, UGA and all of the Red and Black watched that run. :) :) :)

Maybe we, maybe I should say . . . . I wanted another running back in Athens. Think it was AllDawgs5 that said sometime back, last year as a matter of fact. Have to give these young men a little room. Thought about his comment for sometime, matter of fact have not commented on AD5's statement until now.

Starts like this . . . . JJ grabbed the young superstar by the jersey, slammed him against the lockers and got his attention. Maybe that is not the complete story, but have never heard that denied. All reports are that IC is ready to play football, SEC Football. Maybe the fact that JJ grabbed an offensive player (a star*****) by the collar and got his attention, maybe, just maybe JJ is the Leader . . . . period. A thought swirlling around in my head. Hell, I have a lot of those. Love the Red and Black, want to see some positive things, things that don't give me and others cause to say we have not beat a rated team. Want the coaches and players to coach/play to the max.

I do not believe that I have ever seen a running back that can get through a hole any quicker than IC. If he gets past a linebacker, it will be a huge gain. I do not think that he will outrun everyone in the SEC once he breaks out of the front seven. Suits the heck out of me, past the front seven . . . . . might run into someone that I won't mention that likes to intercept, not real good on wrapping folks up. Believe me, and many of you know this, I am trying real hard to be positive.

With the players in Athens, some to be on campus shortly, maybe there will be some of us that are going to like what we see. Yes, I know that we go through this talk every off season, but I don't remember having talent like this in Athens in a very long time. If I am wrong, on the talent thingy . . . enlighten, please. :)

No Excuses, Coach Them Up . . . . :)
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds