Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 10 months ago #46935 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Spurrier lives to play those "head games."
Whether he admits it or not, much of his success at Carolina can be attributed to Coach Johnson, who has gone to greener pastures.
I think we win a decisive victory this year in Columbia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #46936 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
AD5, I am not saying CMR has not done a good job for UGA, he did, and maybe he got me spoiled from 2000 to 2007. I guess it has all been down hill since 2007, we lose more and more games, we can not beat a top 20 team, and while we did play in the SEC title game, did we really deserve it or did we just back in to it. I really am not tring to bring everyones spirits down, this is not what I mean. I just don't let myself get caught up in all the hype of an easy schedule so therefore we play for the NC. I have been around a long time and I don't know how old you are, but for some reason the great things are expected out of UGA we flop, be it Vince Dooley era, Jim Donnan ect. For years, when UGA gets into the top 20 it seems they play like all they have to do is walk on the field and win. I can't explain it, I just have been watching UGA football for 55 years and all these teams seem to play down to the level of the other team.

If you go back, we could have played in more SEC title games, if we had beaten TN or USC, we still had a shot, but we needed Vandy or Ky to beat TN, so yes CMR has done a good job for UGA, but what have you done for me lately is what I have been harping on since the end of the 2008 season.

Please just remember, this is just one old mans opinion, and not the facts of what is going to happen, you are all my friends, and I do not wish to upset any of my dawg buddies. I really enjoy reading everyone post for there are some very smart guys on this site and know a whole lot more than I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
11 years 10 months ago #46937 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
To quote Mr. Eubanks:

"Those are the words being sung this summer. But they were also the lyrics to the song back in 2002, and 2004, and again in 2007 and once more in 2008."

Is there any team in D1 football whose fans aren't optimistic this time of year? Ole Miss? Duke? Iowa State? I would say that if your fans are NOT drinking the Kool-Aid this time of year, it's because they expect to lose - because their program is a traditional LOSER. If we (the BullDog Nation) crow a little too loud this time of year, it's only because we expect WINNERS.

I will not apologize to ANYONE ON EARTH for expecting great things this fall, and I don't care how big a man you think you are. UGA is a program accustomed to WINNING. Because seasons like 6-7 are RARE for us. Interesting to me that Mr. Eubanks only mentions 2002, 2004, 2007 and 2008. Why not mention 1988? 1993? 1995? I assure you, we were just as optimistic those years. Looking forward to the upcoming season is something I will ALWAYS do, regardless of the naysayers. In order for me to become a NAYSAYER, I have to learn to expect to LOSE. UGA has a LOT of losing to do in order to get me to that point, and last year took me a step back (with regard to thinking we are becoming "losers"), cupcake schedule or not. (BTW - there were only 11 teams in the SEC last year other than us - we played all but 2 of 'em. Not really sure how you can have a "cupcake" schedule while doing that - but what do I know?!)

I've got a belly full of the "Mr. Eubanks" of this world, who only want So.Cal., Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Michigan fans to be "optimistic" this time of year. Mr. Eubanks, wouldn't it be easier for you and your friends to just go join one of those teams and be HAPPY?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #46938 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
This will make everybody smile!:)

duck and thriller those were to good post both make great points we all just want to win.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago #46939 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Duck, I don't disagree that over the last few years, our program has not been where I wanted it to be. 2010- complete and total failure. No doubt. Before the start of the 2011 season, I really thought CMR had to win 9 or 10 games in order to remain at UGA. Then, he loses his 1st 2. Did we play a stronger opening 2 weekends than anybody in the country, Yes, but still we came out flat in the BSU game, which is his error. He probably made 2 bad decisions in the usc game. However, fundamental mistakes got us beat. Won't blame him. Sorry, handoffs are mastered at the age of 6. Shouldn't be an issue in college. No coach teaches to throw to a WR in double coverage so I don't think he did either.

Regardless of how we got to 0-2. The fact is he listened all off-season to how he should have been fired. He starts 0-2. Talk about a back against the wall. Call the schedule what you want, but he won the next 10 in a row. I honestly do not know of a single coach that could with held that storm to win their next 10. That tells me the guy is still a pretty dang good coach. That is my opinion. I have never heard or seen a coach who was receiving so much negativity, respond by winning their next 10. Not saying he did it all by himself, but he guided the ship.

Again Duck, I can't say CMR hasn't brought many disappointing times with him. But any coach who stays at a school as long as he has been at our university, is going to have some downtimes. Grasses haven't always been green for Saban and they won't always be.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 10 months ago #46941 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
AD5 you make a good case, the only thing I can not waver on is that CMR is the HC, and as long as he keeps BoBo we will not win big games. The reason I say this is that our offense is so plan, that every quality team we face can and will make adjustments in the 2nd half to come back and beat us. This is what happened to us last year and until CMR sees that BoBo is no OC, then we will never see the elite status again. Our D can be great, but not for 4 quarters if the offense is in a 3 and out for the 3rd and 4th quarters. This is my biggest disapproval of CMR for he will not be tough and do what is good for UGA, he is to loyal to his staff requardless of the out come of games. ( Willie Martinez) and now BOBO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds