Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 10 months ago #46922 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
You're right, duck. I retract all of my previous statements. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 10 months ago #46923 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Should we just go ahead and forfeit then??????????????

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 10 months ago #46924 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
I am with you Growl. SS has done a great job at USC. Good for him. I don't think I would continue to consider them a 2nd rate team in the SEC. Also, kills me to say this, but before CMR took over, UGA was at best a 2nd rate team in the SEC. Can't tell you how many times I watched uf and ut roll over us. I love our university, but that is fact.

As for who is better, only thing I can look at is the fact that they are 4-4 as head coach against each other.

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 10 months ago #46925 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
AD5, I've followed UGA football for more than 50 years,and when I look back I see the one bright spot for south cackalackey was George Rogers. Yes UGA was up and down for a while,but, south cackalackey has had very few up years. I've never considered UGA second rate and cant even consider sc closeto to being an equal over time. But then again "What have you done for me lately"? GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 10 months ago #46926 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
I said nothing about throwing in the towel, I just see things from a real stand point and call them as I see it. You tell me what has CMR done for UGA the past 2 years. We beat who, and oh by the way, before CMR came to UGA, we still did not lose to USC, only when SS came to USC that they have taken a step above UGA. You can defend CMR all you want, all I want you to do is set back and think, who has CMR led us to victory over. We have beaten no top 20 team is 2 years, we barely beat teams we should beat by 2 or 3 TD's.

For me and for me only, I want to win at UGA, if I could have Miles, Saban, SS, over CMR you'd better beleive I'd take it. For me, CMR has lost his edge and his will to win a championship, this is my opinion and I know most on here love CMR and yes we won 10 games last year, but against who. If you go back and look at each game, UT, Bray got hurt, other wise they may have beaten us, We had a last stand against Vandy, we barely beat a terible UF team, and get blown out by LSU in the 2nd half and let MS come back to win in the 2nd half also.

I am not satisfied with 10 wins and getting blown out in the SEC title game, I want chanpionships, and with the recruits we have, there is no reason why we can not win, other than CMR and BoBo.

Say what you want, but if you will be realistic and stop drinking the kool aid and jumping on the media bus, then maybe you will see that I might have some valid points. CMR nice man, but good HC not in my book, now prove me wrong and beat USC and win 12 games and the SEC title, then I might change my mind, but if ya'll are going to be satisfied with 8 or 9 wins with the schedule we have then not much I can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

More
11 years 10 months ago #46927 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
Back to the kool-aid/media bus, go figure, never saw that coming. Believe there was about 4 people in the country that defended CMR at one time. Media was not one of them so don't know how I am going back on their side. Believe they would be joining me. I believe he will be gone before long, and I am fine with that. He has a sub-par season again and I am fine with him being gone. However, I am not going to say he must go undefeated in order for it to be a successful season.

Believe we all want to win, and I don't remember one single post that said anyone would be satified with winning 8 or 9 games this year.

I just posted facts. Facts that I have to hear about all the time. For the better part of my life, I watched ut and uf controll us. I still hear about it from the ut fans. Beleive under CRG and CJD we were 2-10 against ut. Losing combined record against gt, and 1 win against uf. It was basically uf, ut, and then uga over that span. Hate to admit that and it hurts, but it is true. The man has been here 11 years, and represented the east 5 times. So almost 50% of the time he has played in the SEC champ game. I would also be willing to bet he ends up in the College football HOF.

I guess some people like to read the whole book before they judge it instead of just reading the last 2 chapters.

So much positive happening around the UGA football program, and lets figure out a way to bring it back down.

GO DAWGS, some are all in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds