Forum

Crowell

12 years 4 months ago #43908 by OoltewahDawg
Replied by OoltewahDawg on topic Re: Crowell

Wartdawg wrote: I wondered what effect it would have had on the team to see CMR walk around in front of
him and grab his face mask while he continued the "conversation".

Personally, I think the results would have been positive.

What's done is done now. Moving forward I would like to see CMR announce a depth chart
for the RB's in the bowl game that denotes IC as #3.

I would have enjoyed it if Richt had grabbed him by his ear hole and jerked him around. Bet Crowell did get called into the office, though, and probably got another come to Jesus meeting from the seniors.
At any rate my hope for him is that he passes his course load, and adjusts hiss attitude. Be better for him and the team. Agree that 3rd on the depth chart would be appropriate. Maybe the coaches will shuffle them in and out, and keep everybody fresh. But use everyone according to their skill set, and don't try to run Thomas up the middle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #43909 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Crowell
I don't know what the effect on the team would have been,but I'll bet there would have been a loud cheer throughout the dome from the Dawgs faithful.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
12 years 4 months ago #43910 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Crowell
I think CMR handled the situation correct. Don't get me wrong, I played for coaches that would have definitely responded a little different. We knew better to say anything back, but I was taught that by my folks, not my coaches. I get the feeling a lot of these kids come from families where maybe they haven't been taught. Not saying they shouldn't know right from wrong, but certain ways of handling failure and embarrassment are learned. I personally will never forget the AA meetings, my father and I had. Attitude adjustment with the belt being the mediator.

Plus, in this day and age, you can't even think about getting physical with a player. Lawsuits, ridiculous abuse claims, and everything else that is wrong with the world these days. Players in today's day and age are different. Its unfortunate.

Coaches are somewhat handicapped. All of them. I sat on the 4th row 40 yard line during the UK game. The defensive meetings after possessions were right in front of me. After uk's only TD drive, CTG let into Ogletree. Ogletree's response was yes sir. Nothing more. However, when he turned to rip Cummings I was surprised what I saw. SC began shouting back at CTG. I sat there in shock because the 2 went back and forth screaming at each other. Eventually a couple of the defensive players grabbed SC and it was over. Still surprised me, and it happens everywhere. Don't care who the coach is. Unfortunately, it is just the way society is changing.

More
12 years 4 months ago #43913 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Crowell
AllDawgs5, I particularly like the fact that Coach Grantham does not pick favorites. Mess with his system and the way he wants it played, not a belt, but the tongue is sharp. So happy to have a serious defensive coach in Athens again. Been too long in coming. :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #43914 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Re: Crowell
The day has changed were a coach or teacher could pick up a ruler and clean off the back of ones hand with it.

I am sure IC would have a very large support group if and it is a very large if, he wants to become part of this team. IC has to want to change and put the effort and work in.

Seems he as other issue like grades to "Fix " also. I am one who never says never...but the tea leaves don't look good. "Go Dawgs" !!!

Go Dawgs!

More
12 years 4 months ago #43915 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Crowell
I don't think I was saying go Woody and physically assault him.

You can go get his attention back without going that far. I still see coaches
creatively get players attention back on the sidelines.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds