Forum

GAME DAY: UGA BULLDOGS VS MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS

3 years 5 months ago #81466 by Wartdawg
not to fan the flames anymore but JT made an interesting comment on dog talk this morning.

They asked him if he just wasn't physically ready to play before this week and his response was: I wasn't cleared to play in the Arkansas game - after that it was coaches decision.

sounds to me like he saying pretty clearly that he felt he was ready before now.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81467 by kentdaddy
I like Beck too but with Vandagriff coming in it will be crowded. Would not be surprised if Mathis leaves.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81468 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: not to fan the flames anymore but JT made an interesting comment on dog talk this morning.

They asked him if he just wasn't physically ready to play before this week and his response was: I wasn't cleared to play in the Arkansas game - after that it was coaches decision.

sounds to me like he saying pretty clearly that he felt he was ready before now.

Our/your suspicions were confirmed by JT.

Hoping we find a “needed” coaching balance going forward. SEC is going through a serious change offensively, to wit: Ole Miss, Mississippi State, gators and others considering moving in that direction. Anyone watching football today understands that the game has moved in the direction of the forward pass. In my opinion, referees in many cases are too “involved” in the excitement feature of offensive football and that leads to questionable game outcomes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81469 by Buc

kentdaddy wrote: I like Beck too but with Vandagriff coming in it will be crowded. Would not be surprised if Mathis leaves.

I don’t believe Mathis returns next season. If it were up to me, would ask this young man to consider a receiving position.

Mathis, 6’6”. 205/210. 4.5 forty. Large hands, understands pass routes/patterns.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81470 by Wartdawg

Buc wrote:

kentdaddy wrote: I like Beck too but with Vandagriff coming in it will be crowded. Would not be surprised if Mathis leaves.

I don’t believe Mathis returns next season. If it were up to me, would ask this young man to consider a receiving position.

I agree.

I think Mathis will be the odd man out. I hate it for him but even at this stage I was pretty surprised by his lack of accuracy throwing the ball. I really like the idea of that dual threat QB, but to be a dual threat you have to do two things well.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81471 by kentdaddy
Mathis likely has a better shot playing on sunday at WR too. With his size and speed he would be tough. I have not seen anything to suggest he could play QB on sunday.

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds