Forum

GAME DAY: UGA BULLDOGS VS MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS

3 years 5 months ago #81460 by Wartdawg
Okay... honesty here.

You guys saw JT moving around back there tonight: A couple of plays in particular where he did 360's and got away from pressure...

Anyone want to believe that just 2 weeks ago he was so immobile that he couldn't play?

Not.A.Chance

More honesty: Does UGA win that game with Bennett or Mathis behind center? I saw at least 9 passes that Stetson absolutely just can not make.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81461 by kentdaddy
Well...

Best game by a UGA QB since 2013. Nice to see good QB play.

It is clear MSU sold out to stack the box and stop the run. Why wouldn't they? We have had terrible QB play and were starting a new guy to make the noob beat you. He did.

And the Defense did fine. Leech is a good offensive coach. He is clever. The defense mostly handled the dink and dunk stuff. Corner back play concerns me.

Daniels could go pro after this season with good game tape.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #81462 by Buc
Daniels spoke very clearly on why he felt so comfortable consistently putting it up there to his wide receivers.

“If you have George Pickens and Jermaine Burton, if you’re not going to throw it up to them, don’t recruit them,” Daniels said. “George will make me look good, Jermaine will make me look good. Kearis makes me look really good when I under throw him on a deep ball down the middle and makes a great play.

“If you’re gonna give a one-on-one with George, Jermaine, Kearis and all our guys, I’m probably going to make you want to try and stop it.”

The real Todd Monken was on display against Mississippi State last night. Watched his play calling while in Tampa Bay and last night was spot on. Offensive Coordinator believes in going "deep", not opposed to 50/50 balls. JT will love playing in Monken's system.

Hands off Kirby. Do what you do well and maybe learn some things from Todd Monken, much as you did under Nick Saban.

Some are saying "what if" JT had played against the gators. He didn't, simple enough, look forward to next season and JT will be back next year. Bet that.

One more thing . . . . impressed with JT's ability to change calls at the line, shows he and TM are and have been communicating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81463 by Wartdawg
JT did under throw at least 1 deep ball, but he still got it over the DB, and it was a darn sight better than all the either inaccurate, overthrown, or didn't even attempt it deep ball stuff we had seen all year.

You can also tell that he seems to have that "it" factor you want in your QB. We will know more about that once we see him in more than 1 game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 5 months ago #81464 by kentdaddy
I have to say....it was nice to see good QB play. It has been a few years it seems.

More
3 years 5 months ago #81465 by Buc
QB room is going to get real interesting soon. Hope we handle it better this time around. At least three highly motivated quarterbacks in 2021. There will be a transfer sooner rather than later. I openly admit that I am a Beck backer, that however does not mean anything. Todd Monken will not have a problem making offensive decisions. Monken is all about winning offensive football.

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds