Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
YD1, Hopefully the slump is over!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80682 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Betcha.... Jim Chaney was Jake’s security blanket......

Drew Breeze said Chaney was the best QB Coach he ever worked

With.... Jake spoke about how much he had learned...

Truly hope he returns and lights it up...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 4 months ago #80683 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
No doubt in 2020 the offense will be much improved. You can't have five veteran receivers leave your team, play 2 true freshman at the position all year and not have SOME miscommunication. Now, if 2020 gives us the same output as 2019, THEN it's time to move on from JC.

One more point. If this Darnell Washington freak commits to us tomorrow, we HAVE to start him. There won't be a LBer in the nation who can cover him at 6'7". Don't give us the "he's not picking it up in practice bit". Get him in the early in the season so that he is in stride at the end. With him, Pickens and Blaylock as well as Roberston hopefully improving, we should be much better off.

And thank goodness Tyler Simmons is not catching balls for us anymore. From the dropped punt vs ND to the ball through the hands with SC to the dropped SEC title game pass, I had seen enough of him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80684 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Sometimes you have to say something unpopular.

Earlier the first 4 years comparison between Richt and Smart was brought up. It was mentioned that the difference was recruiting, but I'm going to mention that back then Richt had strong recruiting classes and was highly
regarded as a recruiter.

Richt's recruiting issue was unevenness. He would recruit heavy in a couple of areas and neglect others. Think about that in light of Kirby's admission he was caught flat-footed recruiting WR's and what that did to this years championship caliber D team.

Now I and everyone here would say Kirby has it right to not have the trenches be an area of neglect, but balance is balance.

Now I don't say this to be calling Kirby, Richt 2.0, but I say it to just to point out results are results and in that regard the first 4 years have been similar.

Where I go with this however is that we didn't look back and judge Richt's first 4 years until a few more years had passed. What will determine the veracity of Richt and Smart comparisons will be the next 4 years.

Richt continued to make the same mistakes. The ball is squarely now in Kirby's hands and it's up to him to bring an end to the comparisons with what happens over the next few years.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone, and

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80685 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Good read for several different reasons Wartdawg.

Remembering conversations on Dawgs.com from years back about our previous head coach not really either understanding or whatever when it came to talent neededing to be recruited at several positions each year. Some of the conversation back in the day was focused on our players being "shifted" from one position to another. One side of the ball or the other. Said many times over a long period after the light went off in my head that Mark Richt was better suited as a "coordinator". Major money comes with being the head man, that has often been the downfall of many prominent programs.

The base has been put together since Kirby Smart arrived. Believe some of us are of the mind frame that we are years ahead of where we have been, and that includes several coaches prior to Smart. Kirby now has had that "four year warmup" . . . . time to come out of the bullpen and present some different stuff. Will not take long into the 2020 Season to get a grip on where we are going offensively. If Blaylock comes back in 2020 healed and George Pickens has his head on straight and maybe a tight end that we toss the ball to, our team will change big time. Georgia is now at the point where we can say again, no excuses.

Shifting gears, living in Central Florida can say this recruiting class is a hit with me. We came away with some serious talent from the Sunshine State. Two receivers that in my opinion will play their Freshman year. Arian Smith and Marcus Rosemy are "all that". Both can also play positions other than wide receiver.

Another player that I have mentioned on this board for a while, especially in the recruiting section, Jalen Carter. No way will the coaches be able to keep Carter off the field on Saturdays. Before the end of the 2020 Season, FANS will know his name. I compare Carter to the young man we wanted and missed out on, Jordan Burch. Had secretly hoped that we would land both, but really glad that Jalen Carter will play in Athens.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80686 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc, having watched all day long and seeing some of the kids that will really help put UGA over the top I am a very happy dude. Its like when I was recruiting for the Navy and the plan came together and Mom and Dad said ok you're under the Chiefs care now,its a good feeling.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds