Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19

4 years 4 months ago #80674 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Have to hand it to both the Army and Navy players. They definitely have their plates full with every day "must does", then practice football. Spit and shine as anyone knows that has served our country. Really glad to see our President in attendance. Trump is totally on board with these young folks, and supports them "all the way".

Proud of the men and women that believe in serving our country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SimpleDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80675 by Buc

Buc wrote: Coach James Coley did not recruit Marcus Rosemy who plays high school football for one of the "best" teams in Florida to attend Georgia and not have the ball thrown in his direction. Folks in South Florida are really upset with Marcus leaving. This young man will play as a Freshman in 2020. My opinion one missing link at this point, a "pass catching" tight end. Coach Coley knows offensive football. Ease up and allow him to run "his offense".

Marcus Rosemy had "another great game" in the Florida State Championship, a win in the largest classification in the state. Thanks for your recruiting efforts Coach Coley.

ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/12/15/uga-foot...tment-marcus-rosemy/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80677 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc,glad to see one of our teams came through in the Big Game.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80678 by Buc
Chief, quite a bit of discussion about the quarterback position at this time. Reminds me of the days when AM was our quarterback and he was being coached by Mike Bobo. At that time Mike was the quarterback coach and offensive coordinator. Still remember both Bobo and Richt letting AM know that he was not to run the football, he was playing in "their system". Both coaches were ignoring that there was a change occurring in "college football". At a time when Watson was playing high school football in Gainesville, Georgia and wanted to play college football in Athens.

Now I read and hear talk that what Georgia needs to do is rid itself of Coach Coley and bring Mike Bobo back. Really? Why? Because he played and quarterbacked our Georgia Football team? Going to pickup where many of us on this board left off on Mike Bobo, way before many others in the media did. Mike Bobo football was as predictable as what some of the media and FANS are saying about Coach James Coley's game calls now. How did it work out for Bobo in Colorado? Why was he not offered another head coaching job? Anyone remember our game against the Gamecocks some years back and Bobo's calls? There were many such games like that. Just because Bobo played at Georgia does not come close to me wanting him back in Athens. Visit, ok. Coach, hell no.

If the rumors that I hear about Kirby Smart wanting Mike Bobo back are true, tells me what to expect from our program in the future. Georgia has always had a lot of talent, enough talent to have winning records, not National Championships apparently. Mark Richt and Mike Bobo wasted in my opinion several opportunities to compete at a much higher level. Is this the course that Kirby Smart wants to continue to follow? If so, in the future we will continue to see talented players like Watson playing for universities like Clemson. If Jake Fromm returns for another year, let Jake take advantage of at least the threat of gaining a few yards with his legs. Jake is not a Watson or several other quarterbacks that chose to play elsewhere. I am hoping that Kirby Smart is not locked into the game plan that was used successfully when Nick Saban was winning everything. Thus far, just watching, that is how I build my opinions, not based on media chatter.

Chief, you are one of the members on this board that remembers Mike's stay and the results of his many years of running the offense. If I were a betting man, would wager that you did not relish the thoughts of Bobo's return.

Lots of answers needed about entering the 2020 Season in Athens. I sincerely hope that we are not going to run into another stubborn spell such as the one Mark Richt presented us with . . . . often during his 15 or so years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 4 months ago #80679 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc, I would say that if Kirby really wanted Mike Bobo back at UGA he would already be here. Personally, and I have no reason to point it out, I believe that CKS wants to win bad enough that he is ready to change. No ,I liked Bobo, but not as a OC, he's good right where he's at. I did like the QB at Navy though, liked him a lot.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80680 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc...Growl excellent points on Bobo.....

Absolutely..is HC wanted Mike on staff.. it would have happened
No question...

Give CJC.... a little space and second year.... and having Matt
Luke to share thoughts with...huge bonus...

Heard talk that Jake had his Sophomore slump a year later...

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds