Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19

4 years 4 months ago #80667 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
... and speaking of transfers, the talk all week was what transfer could UGA get to play QB if Fromm leaves. I don't think he will, but that doesn't speak well of what we have.

Recruits coming, going, committing.. de-committing. Whatever.. it's why I only talk about enrollees and don't speak of "commits".

Cold rainy night in Georgia... watching some HS teams play for championships here in Atlanta. Not a one has said "oh it's too cold and rainy to throw a pass".

I'm concerned about our wideout situation and our passing offense. We can talk talk talk about how we think Kirby will adjust, but I'm about results.. not promises. Shocked still we were in the position we were in with wideouts, and not buying one kid being kicked out as a valid excuse.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80668 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Thinking about Jake Fromm, we know how the lack of receivers hurt.
There one other thing he didn’t have this year, competition. Maybe he needs someone breathing down his neck to maximize his abilities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80670 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Interesting watching the media guys size up the Sugar Bowl Game. Some good points, some interesting slants on what others see and think about our team.

See where #4 James Cook ran into some problems with the law. James is in top shape so running the stadium steps won't hurt him for the upcoming game in New Orleans.

Hate that Blaylock will not be participating in the Sugar Bowl Game, think we have most back from injury.

Should give us some insight into this James Coley chatter that seems to surround Georgia now. If Kirby tried to get Bobo, that kind of information should have remained in house. Hate leaks. "Loose lips sink ships and add nothing to our program". Would like to know who scooped the leak and who leaked the information. Not a good sign in my opinion.

www.fieldstforum.com/2019/12/13/uga-foot...r-sugar-bowl-winner/

More
4 years 4 months ago #80671 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc...the Bobo conversation leak as you correctly stated stinks...

Coley as he should just goes about his business....

We will likely never know if it was just click bait.....

Cook made a youthful blunder.... expired drivers license...

Open container in passenger area.... Athens filled with quality

Recruits....... fingers crossed for more position depth

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80672 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19

averagedawg wrote: It pains me to say it.
I really admire Jake Fromm, no doubt a great student of the game.
However, looking at the playoff picture, what do the final four have that we don’t,
a dual threat quarterback.
While the lack of receivers undoubtedly sounded the death knell, running quarterbacks are almost a necessity in the college game .

averagedawg, watched Army/Navy game yesterday, quarterback play goes along with what you mentioned above. Navy quarterback was mobile and really good. Pro game in a short time will come close to mirroring what is being run in high school and college game today. College more and more, high school, almost a must to have wheels. Does not hurt to have a very good arm, however the amazing arm is not needed when a good arm will suffice. Will certainly change the way offensive lines are recruited in the near future, some colleges already recruiting mobile OL's.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80673 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 13-12-19
Buc I watched Navy as did you.
Navy QB was running on all cylinders.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds