Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

4 years 3 months ago #80605 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Sugar Bowl..... vs ..... Baylor.

8:45pm New Year’s Day......

Swift...Cager....Blaylock... will not play.....

Truly hope it’s not a repeat of last years folly.....

Stay tuned...... Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80606 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Cooley may not need to be replaced but things need to change. If that means Kirby Smart needs to get the hell out of the way then Kirby Smart needs to get the hell out of the way.

.... and we either need to eliminate the read option look handoff or get a read option QB.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80607 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Wart..... exactly..... something has to change.....

Observing....to see just what those changes are...

Going to help pass the winter months...until spring ball...

Much to ponder.....hopefully.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80608 by Buc
Wart, I firmly believe that Kirby has not acquired that "trust factor" with several of his coaches. Took Saban and Orgeron "many years" to overcome that "self forced situation".

Also agree with you about Jake Fromm. Love the "man", and he is in my opinion a man. More ways than one.

Quarterback mobility is no longer used or recruited by one or two teams, like a cold or the flu, it spreads.

Where I am at with Jake Fromm. Jake was recruited by Kirby Smart while he was at Alabama, all of us know that. Kirby moves to Georgia and Jake follows. I understand. Have understood for a long time. Jake came in when Jacob Eason was injured and played lights out as a Freshman. Jake has started three years now and the rest of the better SEC teams have his game plan(s) figured out. That happens in all sports. Just chatting. I hope that Jake comes back for his Senior year under this condition . . . . the receiving corps is ready and able to play SEC football.

Defensively we did not stand a chance after the second quarter. LSU just ran the game plan that others have ran against Jake. Nothing that James Coley could actually do about what was going on, LSU knew that we were basically defenseless when it came to the passing game. I ask this question again . . . . What the heck is going on with us not having tight end play? Many of our problems result from a lack of weapons offensively.

Another problem that I think needs more attention paid to is our punter. Lots of punters can punt for average, that however does not come close to punters that can pin a team down with "direction". Camarda needs to spend more time on direction than listening to high school oohs and ahhhs at the college level for a long punt. Have a young man coming in that might create needed competition.

What really sickens me about the LSU game . . . . I thought that Kirby Smart would have us in a better position in 2019. Still believe that Kirby has some growing up to do. And yes, give the play calling to James Coley and then we will see what can or cannot be accomplished. As far as Mike Bobo, like dawgs_fans_dad posted, join Muschamp in Columbia. Anyone remember the Bobo call against the Gamecocks while Richt was here and we had Gurley in the backfield. I will bet this, sadlerdawg does as well as averagedawg.

Wart I am with you concerning "change" just want the "change" to be applied in the right areas. Receiver coach might need some Upper Level Meetings, if you get my point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80609 by Buc
Wart, do want to say this . . . . I went back and forth with Mark Richt. Got on board twice saying he should remain. Shows that being "loyal" is not always the best route to take. Winning coaches all say the same thing . . . . Wins and Losses determine ones written history. I truly hope that we remain in the top tier of college football programs, I also care about academics, that however is another discussion. I have always admired you for this reason . . . . you believe in building a good foundation, maybe a lesson learned from your Father.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80610 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
My issues are very simple...

Coaches - A lot of problems with Jake this year and the receivers were things that coaching should take care of; Footwork and properly running patterns. NO progress was made in either area...

... and regarding our offensive scheme is archaic and poorly suited to a pure pocket
passer. Again.. that's a coaching thing.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds