Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

4 years 4 months ago #80593 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Agree with all of the above Buc.

That dropped first pass probably doesn't change the outcome, but it most certainly could have been the start of a more competitive game. The second pick looked to me like both guys got their hands on the ball but the LSU player wanted it worse and took it away.

Also, it looked like Swift wasn't 100%. Looked like he was trying to avoid hits vs. running with reckless abandon that you usually see.

Pickens being out the first have was huge. That's been covered. Hopefully we'll only be talking about big games and catches from #1 going forward.

Know this, the Georgia staff is working on recruiting as soon as church lets out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80594 by Buc
dawgs_fans_dad, looked at our roster, returning players, comforts me.

The game we played against LSU will remain in the minds of many "returning players". The talent level, both coaches and players exhibited against LSU will not soon be forgotten.

Thought we handled the LSU defensive front well. On their blitz packages, seemed to me that Jake really wanted to make that big toss play. If our receivers had separated from the defensive backs Jake would have had fewer "sacks" than he ended up having.

Trying not to make excuses, going to for "both teams". The playing surface was awful, reminded me of the field that the Vols call home. Looked as if cleats were getting caught in the "turf?" when cuts were made. When Jake went down in the fourth quarter, I was convinced that he had a broken ankle. Not alone in my thoughts about the turf.

Not sure where we will play in a bowl game, also not sure of those that will participate. Hard to get up for a game after losing another shot at the Final Four. Game has gotten to the point that "injuries" of the type in the LSU game prevent players from participating. For some of these young men, a chance at the NFL is their main goal. Not all, many. Low percentage of college players make the NFL squads.

Do believe that "Running Back U" will alter our game for 2020. Couple of the catches that #1 made in the second half were more than impressive, they were great "hand" grabs. Can always hold out for this . . . . every year . . . . tight end involvement in the passing game, catching, not blocking every play. LSU had us "covered" in their game plan, nothing deep, man coverage. Came close first play, but. . . .

Will also be interesting to see how LSU handles replacing Burrows. One thing for sure, there are a lot of young players coming out of high school that watched the game, it will give the Tigers a wider choice of players for sure. Winning at this level . . . . has young men wanting to be a part of something "new".

Orgeron is to be complimented for his decision to "change" many years of coaching and game planning for LSU. Coach stepped out and results speak for themselves.

Big year 2020 for Coach Smart and Company.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 4 months ago #80595 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
The truth hurts...

The truth is we were outcoached and outplayed.

The truth is we made a decision two years ago that the QB of this team would be "the coaches guy" instead of "the best guy".

The truth is our offense is ill-suited for the current state of college football.

The truth is that we did a poor job of preparing our receiving corp for 2019 knowing how many guys we would lose from the 2018 squad.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80596 by Wartdawg
and don't get me wrong with what I said about the QB.

I love Fromm, and I don't blame him for our offensive woes this year....

... but UGA with this receiving corp and running this offense would have been better with Justin Fields at QB..

We run a read option offense... with a pocket passing immobile QB.

Having a QB who could make plays with his feet and could have extended passing plays with his ability to move around would have covered some of our very, very obvious flaws.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80597 by Wartdawg
and a quick word about two coaches....

Cooley and Hankton.

This guys did a piss-poor job this year. PISS-POOR.

Maybe Cooley just couldn't handle being the OC and the QB coach, because Fromm had serious regression this year and I think it was mostly mechanical. He didn't forget how to throw. If you go back and watch his poor throws, his footwork was awful and he's not a guy who can survive on pure arm. His footwork has to be spot-on and it was off all year, and never got better.

Hankton.. I know our receivers were young, but they made zero progression as the year went on... they made the same mistakes in the SEC championship game that they made in the South Carolina game.

They ran patterns too near the sidelines allowing the out of bounds marker to become another defender and giving themselves no room for adjustment. They did this crap all year. They didn't drive back to the ball on come back patterns. They never made any progress shielding with their bodies. I don't blame any coach for these guys beginning the year not ready for SEC primetime, but I do when they are making the exact same mistakes in game 13 that they made in game 1.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
4 years 4 months ago #80598 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Absolutely Kirby will return as HC...as you commented Buc..

I don’t believe for a second Kirby .... will not make changes..

I recall HC stating at least six different times...

You build the team around the the players talent you have...

LSU.... has the perfect mix all at onetime on offense and a coach

Who followed the Above statement... sparked by a transfer QB.

Does the name Jeremiah Holloman...ring any bells ??

May have been a harbinger of how our season would go....

More solid football knowledge shared in this post..

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds