Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80587 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Losing Blaylock....that just amplifies Pickens' stupidity last week now doesn't it?

The first play of the game reflected our entire season as an offense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80588 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
Well that went poorly. Honestly Fromm has not looked right all year. His accuracy is not where it was last year. Not sure if there is some hidden problem.

The dramatic improvement in LSUs offense from one year to the next shows me that we need better offensive coaches. Fromm should not come out. His stock is falling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80589 by SouthernDawg
Kirby Post Game Presser

More
4 years 4 months ago #80590 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS LSU TIGERS
It is what it is..... fact is we came to a gun fight tonight with

A knife...... loss the coin toss and it went down hill from there

Our first play should have been a big gain...it was another dropped

Pass ..... as KD said it started with Jake....been unlike himself

For most of the season....many opinions as why.... Swift was MIA

Tonight .... tip of the hat to LSU....

More later after the 24 hrs pass

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 4 months ago #80591 by SouthernDawg
I have a lot to say......tomorrow.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80592 by Buc
Since Kirby Smart’s arrival, “I” have said from the get go that he should get 3 years to build “his” program. Believe that is the thought that many who watch football agree with. Does not mean win a National Championship, does not however rule out winning a National Championship.

Going into season five under Smart and Company not quite sure we will be better or not as good in the 2020 Season. I do know this, Kirby Smart will be the head coach. Not sure the rest of the 2019 coaching staff will return.

I am one that agrees for the most part with Lawrence Cager’s assessment of Coach Coley. Taking into consideration the players that we lost from the 2018 group, hard to replace that much talent. Fact is we didn’t from my overall view of 2019.

Our strength for the 2019 Season was generally pointed out to be our offensive line, our outstanding running back and a quarterback with 3 years of experience. All well and good, but “I” am one that has watched football change over several years, seems to be a habit.

A team suddenly is better than those that they play against. Alabama did this soon after Nick Saban’s arrival. Prior to Saban Alabama did not strike fear into others they faced. Saban changed that not once, more than once. Nick saw a change also in college football and who would have guessed that he would hire Lane Kiffin? Not me, not in a bird dog minute. That is the reason that Saban has remained at the top, he is the GOAT for a reason . . . . he is a very “talented” football coach.

Some years back on this board I said my belief was that a quarterback strickly guiding his team from the “pocket” was a sure way to either get beaten or hurt. There were two comments to that thought and both were not in agreement with my thoughts. Seems in todays game that mobility has been accepted and is being used successfully. Started well before the “Baltimore Ravens” in the NFL. Mobile quarterbacks have proved to be a huge asset both in college and the NFL. Add this, the NFL more and more is changing their thoughts on offensive football, looking more like college on many plays. Seems reasonable, young players coming up through the ranks, high school and lower levels are not playing the same game that was played as little as 5/10 years ago.

Could say much more, have said enough for now, know that there are other members that will discuss not only our game against LSU, but will probably cover a lot of details in the game.

Stop now with this . . . . Georgia was and is a very good football team in 2019. Regardless of yesterdays results, we beat some good teams this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds