Forum

From Athens- SECCG week

4 years 4 months ago #80559 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens- SECCG week

scooby wrote: You get a chance every so often. Kirby has had a few chances.

Hey, I’ll be pulling for the dawgs, but don’t see them hanging with LSU. I’ll be on a golfing weekend...packing my oldish uga gear for Sunday, just in case

Well, last year you actually said you hoped one of the 'dawgs' opponents would win. Now you're saying you're pulling for them, but you think they'll get smoked. I guess that's progress?

LSU and tOSU have really looked stout, but they are human and the temperature gets turned up on Saturday. That's why they play the games on the field.

"You get a chance every so often"

The current regime is on the brink of being at a point where they are part of the conversation in late November almost every year. To use a couple of (possibly unpopular) examples, Alabama, New England Patriots. Look how hard it was to kill the current Tide team that everyone seems to agree is a cut below recent 'bammer squads. A couple of different bounces vs. the War Eagles and they are still in the conversation.

UGA is in a very good place. A win Saturday elevates that to a great place.

Go 'dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #80560 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- SECCG week
DFD.... SouthernDawg.... yup...

Scooby..... I warned you that this board wasn’t for trolls..

I believe you just like to post stink and then sit and wait in your

underwear for The blowback..... fear not ....it will come..

Golf..really...... one has to know the difference between a hole in the

ground and the one in your butt..... just might prove to much of

A challenge for you ..... back under your rock.... carry on..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 4 months ago #80561 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic From Athens- SECCG week
The closer we get to the game, the better I feel about the Dawgs' chances. OL & DL must dictate the mood and the action. There's nothing worse than having to face a nasty, mean OL....it takes less energy to play OL than it does to play DL. A mean and nasty OL when you're a tired DL is Kryptonite.

That being said, the offense must be efficient early and often.....3 & outs kill your defense. LSU is going to force Jake and the WRs to beat us. Swing passes to RBs, seam passes to TEs will be the magic potion that gives the WRs their chances later. Without question, Dawgs must Run the Damn Ball. Swift may be Mozart, but if he can't perform, Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't too shabby either, just different.... Our stable of backs can Get'R Done. Just keep moving the chains.

Our defense must keep constant pressure on Burrow, sacks would be great, but defenders always around a QB has a detrimental effect - regardless of courage - one tends to lose vision and perspective.

It will take supreme effort and laser focus from the opening whistle. The back end needs to play smart....no gaffs that give up the long ball. Contest every pass....and still there will be plays made. The most important thing is to make LSU drive the ball without the explosive plays

Rodrigo and Camardo will be huge. Precision and consistency will make them both weapons.

There will be a lot of scheming and subterfuge involved.....
But in the end, it's still blockin' and tacklin' that determines the victor.

I'm feelin' pretty good....

#GoDawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 4 months ago #80562 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- SECCG week
Well thought out post SimpleDawg, I liked what I heard, I know there are more here that think the same way.

Go get 'em Dawgs

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80563 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- SECCG week
Our defense must keep constant pressure on Burrow, sacks would be great, but defenders always around a QB has a detrimental effect - regardless of courage - one tends to lose vision and perspective.

SimpleDawg, believe we have the defensive personnel that can get close, as you know and said above, close counts in more ways than one.

Have always believed in the kicking/punting game. Rodrigo has saved us more than once during his stay in Athens. Camarda has improved as the year moved on, he and Blankenship could very well decided this game.

Another point you make, offensive line. Can't be stressed enough the value of these guys. We have been dinged up for the past two or three games, hoping that we have pulled the band-aids off and are able to go two deep against LSU.

As you said, move the chains, then we do what Auburn did to us in the fourth quarter, make those defensive legs get real heavy. We stood up and stopped Auburn, that was on "guts".

Also, don't allow the deep ball, perfectly said. Our weakness all season has been the slants across the middle, that type pass against our defense is not a game winner in the long run. Deep routes and receptions tend to lay heavily on defensive backs minds. If we are well in the defensive backfield, I hope we play a lot of man, included in the man coverage, be a bit tougher at the line of scrimmage. Any portion of a second or seconds can change Burrow's reads and especially on timing/distant routes. Repeating what you said above. :)

Good read SimpleDawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80564 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- SECCG week
Good thoughts being shared in this thread...

As it has been noted here by several.... keep LSU’s offense on

The sidelines.... we run clock....and score points....keeps our

Defense rested....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds