Forum

From Athens- SECCG week

4 years 3 months ago #80538 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- SECCG week was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Brief word about this past Saturday’s game..... We Won.... blowout of the Nerds....more importantly no serious injuries..

Yap dogs ... aka ...talking heads.... LSU...the new beast of the SEC..... and there is no way our Dawgs can stay on the

Field with this machine of a team....... and yes we are the underdog.... yada yada......

Game still has to be played...... practice this week is going to be at a different level.... imho. Kirby and staff have been

Working on this game since we left Assburn.... Kirby loves the big games.. Being played in The Benz... Sanford West...

Jake and the Dawgs..feel like it’s a home game....

Closing thought...... same heads picked Alabama and Minnesota ......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80539 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- SECCG week
yankeedawg1, this is what "prime time football" is all about from where I sit. Georgia with one loss and LSU undefeated. Both have played against some really good competition in 2019, some of the opponents were the same. Scoring different when comparing opponents, toss all of that out of the window. Neither the winner or loser of this game has a reason to hang their heads, both here because they belong on the same field for the last SEC game of the year. Possibility both could meet in the Final Four.

Betting there will be a lot said in this thread. Know I would really like to hear what the members have to say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80540 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- SECCG week
Really like your comment....Buc...regardless who wins this game... neither

Team....needs to hang their heads....

Looking across the landscape of college football.... I will personally

Admit I am spoiled by the success we have enjoyed in the brief

tenure of CKS..... playing catch-up on our facilities.....recruiting...

Or winning the East the last three years in a row...

We have gone from playing in bowl games Shreveport...and

Charlotte .... to being able to play our way for bigger prizes

This is not an attempt to jump on the excuse train.... just not wanting

To overlook the achievements and progress that’s taken place..

Having said all this...be a really good time to play our best game of

The year...all four quarters.... no question you can feel the difference

Around Athens....

Pickens addressed the team and apologized for his behavior..

And voiced his actions going forward must change.... his words..

“ I can’t let this happen ever again “. It’s a start..... here is hoping

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80541 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- SECCG week
After the injuries and suspensions I expect the Dawgs are going to have to lean hard on Kearis Jackson and Blaylock to come thru for us, I believe that they are capable and willing to put out the effort. Its no doubt the Dawgs will play smashmouth Football and the team on the other side is going to be bringing it also, this should be an example of two tough Football teams getting it on.

I also think its about time for Zamir White and James Cook to get more carries,should have been doing it already,but I have to remember that theres only so many touches to go around and we have to have max output for each one, so its quite a juggling act. In a perfect world it would be hard to get carries for 4 good RB's, and three and outs wont do it. Our backs are to the wall and we are pushed into a corner, THATS when we are most dangerous, but we must get the lead and dont let go.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80542 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- SECCG week
Chief....in baseball you just hit a four bagger...

Four books could be written on the subject and could add nothing

To your accurate account on what needs to happen Saturday..

Go Dawgs......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80543 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- SECCG week
A lot has been said about our loss to the Gamecocks. Tough loss, not easy to digest then or now. When I look back at the loss, does not bother me like it did the day of the game.

That one loss did not keep us out of the SECCG or a chance to suit up in the Final Four. There were a couple of opportunities after the South Carolina loss to hang it up and talk about next year. Been around this game for a lot of years, one thing easily recognizable is this . . . . the best teams in the SEC every year slip up a time or two and go on to bigger and better days..

LSU came through 2019 without a loss, impressive. UGA came through 2019 with one loss (that loss in overtime). Alabama (long time ruler in the SEC and country) often wins championships, some of those seasons had losses during the regular schedule. Hard to play a SEC schedule with teams that year after year are solid.

I had hoped that Texas A&M would put up a stiffer battle with LSU, did not happen. Aggies laid down after initial LSU score. Georgia will not play this game the way the Aggies did. Bet that.

From where I sit, could not be happier than I am now. We are going to play a team that has been ranked #1 or #2 for several weeks.Smart and Company will put together a game plan for Saturday's game, they know much more than most of us do about getting ready for an opponent. That was proven against, the gators, Auburn and Notre Dame. Don't rate Notre Dame as high as the other two, but they have a good team that plays hard. SECCG is not for the weak hearted.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)

Edit: Meant to add this . . . . Tide defense has dropped noticeably since Smart and Pruitt departed. Kirby Smart meant as much or more than any assistant coach Nick Saban has had on his staff . . . . ever. Pruitt is no slouch. Tennessee folks need to close their mouths. Some FANS of the Georgia Football Team "know" how much Jeremy Pruitt meant to the Red and Black. Paved the way for Kirby Smart to be hired. FACT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, SimpleDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds