Forum

Justin Fields Transferring from UGA

5 years 4 months ago #79493 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
Yank, i believe Kirby has a policy that players cant transfer to other SEC schools. Remember reading this when a guy was transferring a few years ago.

Be interesting to see what happens if the young man says he's going to Florida.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #79494 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
The click baiters just got a big Christmas present.

I wish him well and hope he stays.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

5 years 4 months ago #79495 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
Seems to me that Justin Fields is a very smart young man. Justin working out with Jake Fromm understands just how good Jake is under center. Any head coach worth his salt is not going to meddle with a winning combination.

The efforts of coaches in Athens bringing in great talent on the offensive side of the ball, meaning all of the talent assembled, not going to change what works. Jake Fromm "works". Anyone doubting the value of Jake's "skull work" and the contributions he has made in a short period of time . . . . no need to go there.

I sincerely hope that the NCAA rules in Justin Field's favor, giving him a full ride in college football. AS good as Justin is at this point, he will need coaches at other schools that provide the quality help that Fromm has received at Georgia.

Little doubt in my mind . . . . We are where we are at Georgia because of the head coach that was hired. One player coming or going is not going to disrupt what is currently going on in the Classic City. Already many positions are being challenged every day in practice. DEPTH that was recognized by a true LEADER.

Looking forward to the Sugar Bowl and hoping to see a lot of young pups seeing action. Feel sure that will happen.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79496 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
This is just my opinion but as they say, "I could be wrong".
I don't think JF left because he didn't beat out Fromm.
I think he left because he wasn't used correctly. Chaney used JF like he was our 5th string RB.

1). How many times did we have halftime leads on lesser competition and JF came in to mostly handoff or QB keep? Seems most of the time.
2). How many times did he come in for only one play at a weird time like 2nd and 5 from the 40 just to handoff, and then trot back to the bench?

KS and company looked as though they didn't want to run it up too much on the other team.

Now, go over to Bama for a moment.

1) Bama up by 30 at half.
2). Enter Hurts up by 30. Dis Bama run every play so they wouldn't run up the score? NO. They let Hurts run the offense so that one day he would be ready if needed.

I now take you to the SEC Title game a few weeks ago. It looked to me Hurts was ready.................................................
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79497 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
I saw a video from after the SC game, where Fields, obviously frustrated, said to a teammate," I handed it off good as f%^k ", or something to that effect...seems obvious he wanted to pass and run the offense like it's meant to be run...so I'm in agreement with shannon

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, BulldogShannon, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79498 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
The good news is, we are building a monster/mammoth/dominating OL along with our RB's and dominant Defense......................therefore, we don't need 5 star QB's to win. Any above average , high IQ QB 3 star or higher can win a natty if we get a bounce.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds