Forum

Justin Fields Transferring from UGA

5 years 4 months ago #79485 by SouthernDawg
Justin Fields Transferring from UGA was created by SouthernDawg
www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018...n-season/2339522002/

Too busy to post long thoughts right now, but this comes as absolutely no surprise to me. I fully expected this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79486 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
Rhys Plumlee seems to be a good QB but we will need more than 2 QB's in 2019. Any word on a QB who will now look our way?

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79488 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
News of Justin Fields supposed transfer comes at an interesting time.

Has been rumored that many of the current and potential players and recruits want to play with Justin. Not hard to understand, but interesting none the less.

With the announcement, makes me wonder whether or not Jake Fromm will enter the NFL draft after the 2019 Season. If I had to bet, do not think so with the amount of talent that he plays along side with. This “could be” a reason for Fields leaving. As good as Justin is or is projected to be, my opinion, time for him to look for more playing time and that will not be in Athens at this point. Justin’s time spent in Athens with this group of coaches, well spent, and as he mentions “picks” Fromm’s brain, adding to that, Jake is open and shares what he has learned since taking over the job of leading our team.

For what it is worth . . . . Justin Fields is the particular type of quarterback that Mullen of the gators drools over. Fits the way he selects quarterbacks. Will not be surprised to see Fields select the gators to play out his college career. I for one think that the NCAA should and will allow Justin Fields to play elsewhere in 2019. Hate to see the young man leave, but it is not right for him to sit and watch on Saturdays. Justin is a class act and in my mind is doing the right thing.

Since we have reached a higher level in recruiting and play on the field under new coaches, this will not be the last time we see players move on or choose not to stand in place until those qualified above them use up their time in college football. Will be interesting to see how this affects our signings of upper level talent this time around. This is not the "old UGA", times have changed in Athens . . . . a very good thing.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79489 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
Buc...excellent post....truth spoken....

First wish Justin much success.... completely understand his desires

Having said that....I was a fan of Justin not what he was currently but What he had the talent to become....Deshawn Watson we saw and Beat in Sanford.... was not the finished product....

CKS will sort it all out....the process will continue

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago #79491 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79492 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
I can see Justin moving away from the SEC...... mainly he won’t be

Facing the most challenging defenses week after week....

Going to be interesting to follow....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds