Forum

Justin Fields Transferring from UGA

5 years 3 months ago #79499 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
Personally wish they would have had Justin redshirt to make sure he had two years as a starter. We had no need to use up a year of eligibility for no more than what we did with him.

I would think the situation could have been handled better, but I can not cast stones here because we don't know what happened. Fields may have been totally unwilling to redshirt, and/or he may have really not been ready to do more.

We will survive though, so mark this down as **** happens. Just remember we would have never gotten him at all before as Richt would have wanted him to switch to WR or something.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #79500 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA

BulldogShannon wrote: The good news is, we are building a monster/mammoth/dominating OL along with our RB's and dominant Defense......................therefore, we don't need 5 star QB's to win. Any above average , high IQ QB 3 star or higher can win a natty if we get a bounce.

Agree. Good to read your thoughts again BulldogShannon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79501 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Justin Fields Transferring from UGA
May be a while before we get the whole story, but my guess is that he 1) was confident that he could win the starting job and 2) felt like he was on the three year plan, three years starting at UGA and then on to Sunday play. When he didn't win the job and started looking at a minimum of 1 more year as a back up, he realized his timetable was not going to be realized in Athens, so is looking for an alternate route still wanting to get to the NFL as quickly as possible.

Whatever the case, best of luck to him. I'm sure some HS Senior QBs are taking another look at Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79502 by Buc
Could not agree more dawgs_fans_dad. Jake Fromm has proven to be a force since early childhood, regardless of which sport he chose to play. Interesting day today on recruits.

More
5 years 3 months ago #79503 by Buc
If memory serves me . . . . think Justin Fields first chose Penn State to play prior to landing in Athens. Might happen again (Penn State), many are predicting Ohio State, we will see.

More
5 years 3 months ago #79504 by Buc
SIGNING DAY 12/19/18 - New Dawgs (8:15 am ET):
DE Jermaine Johnson
DL Tramel Walthour
OL Clay Webb
DB DJ Daniel
DE Nolan Smith
TE Ryland Goede