Forum

GAME DAY: SECCG: ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA BULLDOGS

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79403 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG: ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA BULLDOGS
I'm sorry to grind an axe here, but where exactly does the decision of running the clock down before the half and walking away with timeouts fit in to "relentless effort?"

We had a previous coach known for doing that and I'm damn sure not letting this one off the hook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #79404 by Buc
Kirby Smart in the article below sounds like a rerun of what he said after the LSU game blunder. Do not appreciate Smart trying to cover his butt, making comments like it was the players fault (not getting the play off quickly enough). Hot quarterback Jake Fromm and Kirby is afraid to go against Alabama in overtime? This marked me, will not be able to let it go as I did too many times when Richt was head coach. Still do not understand his reasoning with Justin Fields in the game. Does that not alert Saban's players that there is "something up"? Beginning to appear that Kirby Smart needs some "seasoning". Many pats on the back from me posting about Kirby Smart . . . . this is a solid kick in the butt for his second screw up when much was at stake. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, OR ACCEPT WHAT SMART SAID BELOW. What is the saying . . . . First time shame on you, second time shame on me. Shame on you Kirby Smart.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...labama-crimson-tide/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79405 by Buc

SouthernDawg wrote: I'm sorry to grind an axe here, but where exactly does the decision of running the clock down before the half and walking away with timeouts fit in to "relentless effort?"

We had a previous coach known for doing that and I'm damn sure not letting this one off the hook

Thank you SouthernDawg. I will now look at Kirby Smart closer, much closer through a more powerful lens. Might be that Kirby's biggest plus is . . . . recruiting. I really, really hate the way this game ended for the PLAYERS and FANS. Kirby Smart needs to arise at 5 a.m. and run the Sanford Stadium steps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79406 by Buc
Every site that I have read thus far after the game, and plan to read more sites, all seem to be in agreement that Kirby Smart is not too "smart". Seems to be a bit full of himself at this point.

Head for the article below . . . .

Kirby Smart's horrific decisions cost Georgia SEC title, probably Playoff spot

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...fake-punt-cost-game/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79407 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: SECCG: ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Kirby and the coaches choked, Kirby needs to man up apologize and move on

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 4 months ago #79408 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: SECCG: ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA BULLDOGS
For many years ...we heard...wait until next year....

Worked all year to get the monkey off our back...

Didn’t happen..... bigger bitter pill to swallow...

Have to move on.... time will tell... what players and coaches learned... from this game..

Didn’t realize that the last team to win back to back SECCG

Tennessee....1977...1978....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds