Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS

5 years 5 months ago #79261 by Buc
Michael Barnett, one of my favorite players. Speaks about reading "keys" defensively on the video . . . . never heard this from players prior to Smart and Company. Hope that Barnett is close to 100%, has been banged up recently, comes from playing "grown man football".

:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #79267 by Buc

Buc wrote: Have been meaning to bring up our receiving corps and Coach Cortez Hankton's contributions.

Smart added a "jewel" when he hired Cortez Hankton. I hope that Coach Hankton remains a part of the UGA coaching staff for a long time. What he has done with the receivers is a true testimonial to his prowess. #9 Jeremiah Holloman is a direct result of Hankton's coaching ability. As long as he is our receivers coach I will feel real comfortable.

Kirby had this to say about Coach Hankton in his last presser . . . . Think we are on the same page . . . .

“He’s got command of that room. The kids respect him. He’s brought really good ideas scheme-wise to our offense, and he’s got a room that he’s done a really good job with when you think about it. Keeping those guys happy is not an easy job. He’s a journeyman NFL player, he was on special teams, he was a third, fourth NFL wideout … that’s what a lot of times you have in that room. That’s what those guys want to be. They see him, they aspire to do what he did and they listen to his message. He’s done a good job selling a team concept. He’s a good football coach.”

Copied from the AJC today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds