Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS

5 years 5 months ago #79239 by Wartdawg
Buc.. some want to lament the line for our short yardage woes, but there is always a deeper story. On 5 of 8 short yardage stops the past few weeks it has been someone from the edge crashing down the line unblocked.

Unblocked as in schemed to not be blocked.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #79240 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS

Buc wrote: Kirby Smart let everyone watching the game know his feelings on the offensive goal line play calling.

That he did. To say he was furious was an understatement. He spoke for every UGA fan watching that goal line debacle. He gave voice to the voiceless at that moment.

Those type of ineptitudes don't speak of a championship caliber team, and it's going to burn us in Atlanta because if they couldn't punch it in on a Kentucky d-line, they darn sure ain't doing it against an Alabama d-line. What I witnessed last night in Death Valley was a team that has reached the perfection of the Process. No deficiencies at all. Quite possibly one of the most complete performances I've ever witnessed in college football. We're not far off from that, but we still have a way to go to get to that level of football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79241 by Buc
Wartdawg and SouthernDawg, I really enjoy reading what you two have to say. Don't care what it is, know that it will be "football talk" that comes with understanding. We do not have to be on the same page always, but I find often that to be the case.

I did like seeing the "fist bump" between our quarterbacks when entering and leaving the field. Beat writers will continue their parade of headlines and lead ins, that however gives "me" room to justify what I say on occasion.

So many of the boards that I read, especially after the 2017 Season, one would think that we had "finished the process", but many (or some) know that we are one or two steps away from where Smart and Company want us to be. There will be a change or two on the staff, I however like the quote from Sadlerdawg . . . . The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Agree with the word CONTINUES. Still some work to be done, both players and coaches.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
5 years 5 months ago #79242 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Buc I sense the same. There will be coaching realignment soon or at least after season.

CKS took us back winning but, yes, he is a couple of notches away from where he wants/needs to be.

It is fun watching the growth our team is experiencing in its quest to be the best.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

5 years 5 months ago #79243 by Buc
Stevedawg you said and I am 100% on board with the statement you made below . . . .

It is fun watching the growth our team is experiencing in its quest to be the best.

Spent much of the morning reviewing happenings in South Florida. I had actually wanted Richt to improve, just has not happened, back to being his old self . . . . "Stubborn". Did not get that from Bobby Bowden. BB was always open to suggestions, in the end BB was brought down by Jimbo Fisher's suggestions. Long story there, will leave it alone . . . . for now . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79244 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Very kind words Buc. Thank you.

I guess its a mutual admiration society here because I get the same pleasure out of reading yours and others posts. The passion, the research, etc. makes the season that much more enjoyable.

I fashion myself as a no-BS football realist. I'll be the first to calls-em-like-I-sees-em. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but that's what makes it fun. I again compliment Steve on running a forum that has passionate fan-driven conversation that is almost always civil. When I cruise over to the other forums to see what their fans are saying, it's just pitiful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds