Forum

GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP

5 years 6 months ago #79185 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP
Buc ..... you and Greg enjoy another year of hearing excuses

Put forth by UF...FSU...and the “U” fan base....

Truth ...not all residents of The Sunshine state are unhappy..

Sidebar.... listen to Mullen’s post game presser and Urban’s presser after the loss to Perdue... sounds identical.....

Place your bets.... how soon before Dan dumps Toddy...?

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79187 by Buc
Grantham went a bit nuts on the gator sideline in the second half, young folks today play football by a different tune. Some lead, some follow, not sure Grantham ever got either message.

Greg is a special person, been a blessing not only to me, many others.

See where the odds makers think UGA is in a great position to return to ATL. Would like to see that again. Two big SEC games this coming weekend. Will dominate college football sports in the media for sure. 2018 soon coming to a close, here is hoping that we make the final four.

Looking forward a bit . . . . looking forward to UGA vs ND on our schedule. If 2019 recruiting plays out as I believe it will, Dawgs are going to be special again in 2019.

Have enjoyed this thread, several folks on this board "know the game".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 6 months ago #79189 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP
Watching the game live with my brother who is a lifelong Gator fan and a football guru I saw a lot that still concerned me with play calling and time management. After rewatching the game again alone I have a different outlook.

Initially I was pissed at Chaney for the debacle on the goal line. But after rewatching, he mixed it up but our boys didn’t execute. I mean you’d think we could punch it in after so many attempts but the fact is they brought it and we couldn’t handle them, that’s NOT on Chaney, that’s just poor execution on our O’s part.

I was also initially pissed with CKS for not calling a timeout after the sack on Emery on the 3rd and something before half. We lost 30 plus seconds and went to half with 2 timeouts. I’m still scratching my head on that one... I was also initially pissed with CKS for kicking the FG with 6 seconds left, the play before (pass to the corner of the end zone to Holloman) we had 9 seconds and that pass play used up 3 seconds. Initially felt like we could have took one more shot but after rewatching I’m now happy we went ahead and got the 3 points before half.

Overall I think we played a pretty solid game on O. Fromm showed why he is our solidified starter and should continue to be. Not knocking on Fields at all but obviously CKS doesn’t have the confidence in him to turn him loose yet. I hope Fields it taking it with stride and trusts in the process and keeps on developing because the future is obviously bright for Fields!

Our D is still a work in progress but the fact is they’re playing their tails off! I was hoping to see better overall play out of Patrick at this point. I feel like he has the potential to be elite but he seems to find himself out of place often, I’m still big on him getting there in the home stretch and having a big impact. Tindall is gonna be a FREAK when he develops! Would like to see him get some menaningful work from here out. We are going to need to him...

Crowder is a DGD! Love the kids heart and motor! Like Buc (if I recall) I was BIG on Crowder when we signed him, really thought he was going to be a great ball carrier for us! Just glad to see the kid has worked hard to get his shot on the field! He and Rice are a handful when they are both on the field together, same as Tindall and Quay are gonna be soon!

At the end of the day I’m happy with the W and the improvements that we are showing. Leadership has been missing all season on both sides of the ball but I think this game was pivotal in many ways and I feel like Fromm will have the confidence from here out to lead us on O. We grew up after the LSU loss just like we did last season after the AU loss. I’ve tempered my expectations this year but I still feel like we have the talent and potential to make a good run from here out.

We are going to be in a battle Sat against the Cats but besides talent, the advantage we have is we were in this same position last year with most of these players, so we know what we need to do to get back. Fromm will step up again because that’s just what he has always done his entire life. Our destiny is in our hands and I feel really good about it!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, dawgs_fans_dad, scooby

More
5 years 6 months ago #79191 by Buc
sflanagan21, you covered a lot of territory that is not usually covered. Good "stuff".

One of the many things you said that sticks out to me . . . . Crowder. You move on later in the thread and mention "process" when referring to coach and quarterback play. Crowder is a shining example of believing in the "process". He will play on Sunday, definitely will be picked up by the NFL.

Patrick is another product of the "process". Kirby Smart stuck with this young man through "a lot". Applaud Kirby for understanding that not every player is the same, they all have to be coached, some it takes a bit more time and "understanding". I see Patrick this way . . . . he is almost a throwback to earlier times. Does not have the overall speed that some backers do, he however will knock your you know what into the dirt. Proud of Kirby and Patrick.

Still a bit in the dark with Chaney. Was glad to see the television shot of Coley bear hugging Chaney near the end of the game. Means so much for the coaches to have an understanding with not only the players, with each other. Don't need to tell you, assuming you are still coaching. Coley means an awful lot to our team in many different ways.

More to be said . . . . very good read.

P.S. Stay "pissed" makes for good chatter . . . . ;)

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 6 months ago #79197 by Wartdawg
A few final thoughts on this game...

I have her a lot of chatter from Florida fans about bad luck turning on the game, but what they don't understand is that fumbles are not lock.

Fumbles are the product of concentration, strength, and practice practice practice. They don't just happen as an act of God.

Our play calling was for the most part, much better... we saw the TE usuage and what it did. We saw many good things. That's great but before we claim all is completely well, we've seen this happen before and then we've seen the next week those same things in cold storage. We know Chaney can have these good games, but we've got to see it consistently.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79198 by kentdaddy
OK.....

I had to take a few days to gather myself because I was in shock. I hate the gators more than any other team so beating them was fantastic. But I noticed something I had never seen before. I am old. I have watched some football. I remember things well. But this new fangled idea of throwing the football to that blocker guy they call a tight end is great! Who ever thought throwing the ball to the skinny tackle would work?

Amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds