Forum

GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP

5 years 6 months ago #79179 by Buc
Wartdawg mentioned our backs alignment in the missed chances on the 1/2 yard line. That was mentioned down this way during the game also. Agreement all around on the depth of the back.

Also have to say this . . . . Grantham has called defenses against us since leaving Athens, at Louisville, Mississippi State and now with the gators. Much can be said . . . . none of it is in his favor.

Dan Mullen making off handed remarks about his freshman quarterback playing, Georgia not doing same . . . . For a minute I thought I was hearing words from urban "liars" mouth. Many seem to be impressed with Mullen, I am not in that group. Should do well as a gator coach, lots of talent in the Sunshine State. Thought Miami might hurt the recruiting chances of the gators with their hire at head coach. Seems the "U" has been saddled with "some" of the same problems that existed in Athens for many years. Said that, believe that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79180 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP

Buc wrote: Also have to say this . . . . Grantham has called defenses against us since leaving Athens, at Louisville, Mississippi State and now with the gators. Much can be said . . . . none of it is in his favor.

3rd and Grantham has always had far too much of a love affair with the pass rush and while it does make for exciting football and will impose a presence plenty of times in a game, it's sure to burn him when it counts. He counts on it shortening the deep halves and it does, until it doesn't (Cf. 2011 Georgia v LSU SEC Championship game). I'll never forget the 3rd and 28 he gave up because he thought it would be a good idea to rush the entire student body when all he needed to do was go into a prevent defense and that would have gotten our D off the field.

My thoughts, now that I'm clear-headed:

Yesterday was not the worst offense I've seen, but in the first half, it was sure shaping up that way. The offense was anemic at best. Fortunately, our defense did its job and then CKS & Co. made adjustments at the half. (Note: Something we never saw under CMR, so I'm still not understanding that "maybe" we'd be better off with CMR comment. No, no, a thousand times no. We would not.)

What concerns me more than the time management (more below) was the abysmal offensive play calling and the inability to not only get 6" for a first down, but SEVEN straight goal line stands put down by FU's defense. FU's defense is solid, but that was other-worldly. Disturbing with the size of our line and the physicality of our backs that we had SEVEN - SEVEN - SEVEN!! straight shots at the goal line and couldn't punch it in. Are we Georgia? Those guys should be made to watch that goal line stand for the rest of the season, in the off season, and maybe into next season. That had better never, ever, happen again.

Leaving two time outs on the board in the 1st half is inexcusable. I get it that we were in a hurry up offense with a minute left on the clock. But still, time management to get that extra TD could have meant the difference between a W and a L against a greater team. A team like the one we might face in Atlanta in a few weeks.

Kudos to Fromm for bouncing back with a strong performance - one that has been sorely needed. I still stand by my statement that we've got to work Fields in. He's not going to hang around UGA for 3 more years playing second fiddle to Fromm. That kid has way too much talent to sit on the sidelines. Kirby doubled down on his critics and I hate to see Fields get caught in a pissing match between Kirby and the media. Design some packages for him and get him in the game, or we may not have him to design packages for much longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 6 months ago #79181 by Buc
One reason for bringing these film clips to Dawgs.com is because I have always spent a lot of time viewing/reviewing film, did not start this yesterday. After games are played video/film can really put us in touch with more than we can see or hear from TV and of course some of the click beat writers. Not all, but many. Don't have to call names, most know their identity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 6 months ago #79182 by growl
I think UM would be ready to swap HC's without any questions right now...................

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago #79183 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: FLORIDA GATORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS WLOCP
Not to many happy college football fans in the sunshine state

FSU and Miami are tied for the biggest dumpster fire..

UF ..... proved to be a faker and not a shaker....

Absolutely delightful......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #79184 by Buc
Yankeedawg1, right about gator fans being unhappy. . . .

This Florida resident is very happy . . . .

and this . . . .

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds