Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 11 months ago #78550 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc.....you took a positive wait and see with Coach Scott...others felt that we would slip backwards

After Coach Rocker departed.... HC. has had Coach Scott in his book for along time...

HC’s network is very deep

Posted before....HC has a plan B in mind about everything when it comes to our football program..

Proact.... huge part of the process... players,recruits and assistants....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 11 months ago #78551 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Will find out just how good Scott is with the lack of depth and the new players coming in on the DL.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 11 months ago #78552 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc.....you took a positive wait and see with Coach Scott...others felt that we would slip backwards

After Coach Rocker departed.... HC. has had Coach Scott in his book for along time...

HC’s network is very deep

Posted before....HC has a plan B in mind about everything when it comes to our football program..

Proact.... huge part of the process... players,recruits and assistants....

Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, very good point "again" you make on Kirby Smart regarding his network. Unlike many coaches that jumped at their first chance to be a head coach, Kirby waited for the one spot he wanted to lead. Think most folks know that throughout his time as an assistant, both pro and college, Kirby has followed closely those proving to be successful. Not a coincidence that Bill Belichick was in Athens for pro workouts. Part of the network that Smart belongs to and participates with.

ogredawg makes a valid point about Scott. One thing that I "think I know" . . . . The defensive coaches can and will run schemes to cover weaknesses if there are any. Coaching as many that follow the game understand are what makes the rubber meet the road. Really glad to see Ledbetter stepping up, also noting Smart is aware of #13 and appreciates the mental movement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 11 months ago #78553 by Buc
Comments by Ledbetter . . . . this is what leaders do and say.

“I’ve watched tape,” Georgia senior defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter said. “All of the guys that have come to Georgia, who have committed, I like to know who’s going to be my teammate so I watch. … He’s one of those players who’s just electric. A great athlete. So I’m really excited what he will bring to the table.”

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #78554 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
The assumption is we will not be as productive on defense as last year...however

I do feel we won’t see a drop off in effort.... or coaching....

Remember CJP.....asking who will start the fire...

CKS.....asking who will make the highlight film....

Looking forward to seeing the answers to both questions.....

No question youth and inexperience is a major concern..... we faced this challenge before

Difference.....we now have a teaching coaching staff...that understands this challenge....

And as you stated Buc....will make the necessary changes to move the process forward

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 11 months ago #78555 by Buc
Big year in recruiting for the defensive line. Feel much the same about the defensive line as I did about the offensive line a while back. Says a lot to me when a player like Chris Barnes can be moved from offense to defense. Also points out the difference between the offensive and defensive lines "depth". Will not be surprised to see another player from the offensive side move to the defense. Many of these young men played both sides of the ball in high school. I understand that SEC play is different than high school football, that is where "coaching" takes over. Going to wager that Chris Barnes sees a lot of game action in 2018. Barnes could be the "surprise" that seems to occur every year with a position switch.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds