Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78165 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I am 12 minutes behind your post SouthernDawg . . . . Working on this post prior to reading your efforts.

www.ajc.com/sports/college-football/the-...VlViNZNjnicxcwM8ZvK/

Reading the article above, come to a couple of conclusions that I made some time back. First off, this particular beat reporter was all about Mark Richt after the firing. Actually one of the leaders of the “Bleeding Hearts Club”. Nothing new comes from the article, and quite frankly there are some differing offerings as to the way the final outcome came down. The release of Richt.

On our board recently it was mentioned that Thomas Davis and others had a serious involvement in the way our program was being “mishandled”.

McGarity made the decision to release Richt by himself . . . . BS.

This could go on forever, not surprised to see the “click gang” making a 180 degree move.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #78166 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Check which way the wind is blowing....that’s where you will find Pouty and is band of wanna bees

Scrooge can’t pick out the brand of toilet paper without checking with Prez...

Thinking..... drinking my second pot of Joe...

First year with IPF.... playing for a Natty....recruiting off the chain.....hmmmmm

Dawgs came home for Saturday practice....no Falcon or Tech facility needed..

Thanks again CJP

Lets go do this...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78167 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Buc wrote: I am 12 minutes behind your post SouthernDawg . . . . Working on this post prior to reading your efforts.

www.ajc.com/sports/college-football/the-...VlViNZNjnicxcwM8ZvK/

Reading the article above, come to a couple of conclusions that I made some time back. First off, this particular beat reporter was all about Mark Richt after the firing. Actually one of the leaders of the “Bleeding Hearts Club”. Nothing new comes from the article, and quite frankly there are some differing offerings as to the way the final outcome came down. The release of Richt.

On our board recently it was mentioned that Thomas Davis and others had a serious involvement in the way our program was being “mishandled”.

McGarity made the decision to release Richt by himself . . . . BS.

This could go on forever, not surprised to see the “click gang” making a 180 degree move.

As someone who bemoans modern "journalism," I'm always skeptical of a piece using "anonymous sources." I don't like it, nor do I trust it. Anyone can be "anonymous" and that "anonymous" person can say whatever fits the narrative of the piece. Conversations and comments rarely make for authentic journalism but yet, in our modern society, conversations and hushed tone comments now pass off as journalistic integrity. Whether Pouty's sources actually said that or not will never be known. Do I have a hard time believing those type of conversations were had? No, but I also have no way to corroborate it, so as far as I'm concerned, that piece could have been had between two UGA fans at any bar over drinks in Athens and those were the anonymous sources.

Do I think the article was necessary? No. Just let it die already. And I know some of you may say "but SD, you've beat the dead horse on here too." Yeah and if I do, I always preface my statements to that effect with a disclaimer saying "I realize this is beating a dead horse" and/or "at the risk of beating the dead horse." Go back and check. And if I do, it's because its a necessary point to bring up to contrast this staff with the former.

But what's really disgusting and I'm telling you right now that this is going to happen...If we win the natty tomorrow night, prepare yourselves for the articles from the same Pouty about Kirby winning it with Richt's players. This was really Richt's team, get it? Kirby really didn't win it with his players, so somehow, this isn't as big of a championship for Kirby as it is for Richt. Trust me. This will happen. I saw the same thing happen with Jon Gruden in 2003 winning the Super Bowl and that narrative played out to a T - this was really Dungy's team, Dungy's players, and Gruden didn't build the team himself. So let's discredit Gruden because all he had to do was show up and win a Super Bowl.

Pouty is an opportunistic journalist to the nth degree. He sets his journalistic sails in whatever direction the popular winds of the sports day blow. I'm not saying everything he writes is bad, nor do I have any personal dislike for the man. I tend to be very sterile and objective about journalism and journalists these days. But I can smell this one coming a mile away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78168 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
That article is just one point of view regarding what happened. I certainly wouldn’t call it a hit piece on MR.

Pouty certainly can’t claim he knew it was time for a change or anything like that because of his stance when it all went down. I don’t really care for “anonymous” sources.

I have some big donors in my family, and people that were big Richt supporters. I was ralking with one this weekend who had just gotten back from the Rose, and I asked him some pointed questions.
He brought up that this was a team with a lot of Richt players on it, but one big one wasn’t... Jake Fromm. Jake is 100% Smart. I also askes him point blank with him having been such Richt guy... “are we here right now with Mark Richt?”.. his response was an unequivocal “absolutely not”. People in the know, “know” the truth.

So you know what... let the talking heads say whatever they want. I don’t think that many people care, and I certainly don’t. These same voice boxes were often saying UGA underachieved for the past 10 years, and that opinion is pretty much universally accepted as fact.

So let talkers talk... if we win, we are National Champs and all the talk in the world won’t change that fact.

If we don’t win... well look what Smart was able to do with Richt’s players... just wait til he gets his. ;)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 2 months ago #78385 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Well, it was a tough loss.

Looking back, imho, which really is humble, Sony michell and nick Chubb returning made this season possible. They are not long time nfl players, but them returning is right up there with Chaney play calling. Things just worked this year. Uga will prolly look back on this year and shake yins heads.

More
6 years 2 months ago #78393 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
One injury I can remember. And it really helped....I don’t know. What would have happened if eason didn’t hurt his knee? Eason is prolly better in the long run. Maybe...Jake made some nice back shoulder throws. But Jacob could really sling it...

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds