Forum

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK

6 years 3 months ago #78109 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NC Game Week
Reading posts like these are pleasing to this old fart. Good reads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #78111 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK
Don't think Saban needs to or will stack the box......they are so quick side line to side line. Will not matter if we hit our blocks.....the OL and TE's make their blocks it does not matter what the Bama D does.

This is a great match up of power running teams and quick and hard hitting D's. Cover guys edge to Bama but front 7 edge to UGA and most important of all the QB edge is to UGA, Fromm has the it factor and if the OL plays well and our 2nd half D shows up and plays a full game we win. We come out of Cali healthy with the exception of Woerner and our depth there is not an issue.

We got the rust out in Cali and won a hard fought game......Bama had a fairly easy go of it against IMHO an over rated Clemson team.

Going to be a good one in the ATL and we should finally put to rest of the "5 yards away" from 2012

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78113 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic NC Game Week
Bonus game. My top priority was always winning the SEC. This team has heart and leadership and all the intangibles that were missing over the years. Holy crap what a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78114 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic NC Game Week
Chaney will need to get creative, but this team can be run on.... auburn, lsu and miss st all rushed for over 170 yards against em.... so again, not really rocket science... use the quick passes to set up the run... use some sweeps, screens, and swing passes to get our playmakers to the edge in space and loosen up the middle....our defense needs to play lights our, and the way Kirby said he was disappointed and embarrassed how the d performed, I think they'll be up to the task.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78115 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic NC Game Week
Here is a link to an interesting analysis of the game last night, and a possible hint of what to do against Bama. Pay attention to the 2:00 mark and on, and you'll hear that guy talking about maintaining the integrity of the pocket around the QB. That limited Mayfield to throwing from the pocket, and took away his strength, which is scrambling.

Hurts is a lot like Mayfield in that sense, and I think if we can bottle him up, he'll have a tough time throwing.

However - and it's a big one. Bama may not need to throw. Remember 2012, in the second half? Bama ran it DOWN OUR THROATS. The question for me is whether we can stop them this year.

I remain hopeful - UGA 20 Bama 17 in a BRUISER. Blankenship may be our "X-Factor".

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 months ago #78117 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NC Game Week
Thriller, I do think that we have a lot more depth on the defensive line and defensive depth overall than we had in 2012. Seem to remember Grantham not using a lot of players.

You make some good points as always. Really liked ogredawg's post above. Watched the Alabama/Clemson and agree that Clemson was overrated. Good team, not the best team in D1 football.

My two cents . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds