Forum

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78099 by sflanagan21
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- GAME WEEK was created by sflanagan21
Still can’t believe it fellas! That was a game that will be talked about for ages! I could not be more proud and happy for these young men, our entire staff and DAWG NATION!

Now onto Bama. This is going to be a HEAVY WEIGHT BATTLE! I honestly have no idea who will come out on top and was shocked that Vegas has Bama a 4 point favorite.

I hope we bring our best game plan and execution because that’s what it’s going to take to beat Bama/Saban. I feel good about our chances and I’m predicting a 24-21 victory for our Dawgs! I give us a very slight edge for the mere fact that this team will fight till the end and is very hungry!

Game thoughts...

GO DAWGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sflanagan21
  • sflanagan21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 months ago #78101 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic NC Game Week
I think the betting world is betting on Saban's D being able to shut down our running game which will
put the game on Fromm more than any other.

You have to admit that 'Bama's D looked dominating yesterday... they are certainly better than Oklahoma's D, and
Saban will absolutely commit to stack the box. I think we will have to make plays downfield in order to loosen them
up.

It's going to be a tall order.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #78103 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic NC Game Week
Smiling at the title of this thread. :) (Mods - let's give the Dawgs their due and change the title to capital letters - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WEEK. I think the Dawgs have earned that title to be in caps.) :woohoo:

Game thoughts - this will be ongoing.

There are no tactical advantages on the field for UGA or Bama in this game. Kirby knows Saban and Saban knows Kirby. There are no surprises in store, no figuring out what the other team is going to do. This one is going to come down to simply executing the plays. Who wants it more and who executes with no mistakes. There will be the Smart vs. Saban, student vs. professor narrative all week but in reality, they both will bring their teams to play. No surprises, no trickery - just smash mouth brutal slug fest style football.

Defensively:

While Bama isn't going to bring an OU magnitude of offense, the defense has absolutely got to tighten up and get pressure on Hurts. We saw clearly what happened in the 1st half to our secondary when we got no pressure on Mayfield. We were getting picked apart. Apply some pressure and take it away. Hurts will be quite similar to Mayfield in his mobility and explosiveness. Which defense are we going to see against him, the 1st half Rose Bowl or 2nd half Rose Bowl defense? If we're to win this game, the defense must swarm and be the 2nd half defense we saw yesterday. We cannot let Bama put a quick 10 on the board and play from behind. Saban's D isn't going to allow that, so our defense needs to apply pressure to the QB early and often. Make them put it on the ground.

Offensively:

This might be a game where Chaney really has to get creative because Bama is the one defense that we've not faced that legitimately could slow down (or shut down) our ground game. Fromm will have to put the ball in the air a few times to give the tailbacks a cushion, that is undeniable because the box is going to be stacked and this is the biggest d-line our o-line has faced all year. Chubb and Michel can and will be effective if we have a good blend on our offensive scheming. But if we continue to go to the ground when the door is shut on us, it's going to be a long Auburn-like night. If we can break some tackles early and score out of the gate, it will set the tempo and tempo in these type of games is very important.

Summary:

This is a game that will be won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Quintessential SEC football. No two ways about it. Kirby has to do everything possible to limit the emotion. The Dawgs just came off a draining game in Pasadena, and it's going to be very difficult (not impossible) for them to not be mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted from a 2OT game. Whereas Bama played in a predictable, slow paced, methodical game and aren't nearly as exhausted as our players are. Practice & planning this week has to take that into account. Special teams play and limiting turnovers are going to be absolute keys to victory.

This is a short turnaround to next Monday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
6 years 3 months ago #78104 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic NC Game Week
WD, I can’t argue with you at all about Bama and that D. I’ll friendly counter with this, Jake Fromm. We all know what Saban/Pruitt are going to do on D. They’ll load the box and make Fromm beat them.

Fromm’s numbers may not prove the point I’m going to try to make. But the kid can throw the rock around and he will no doubt have to somewhat put the O on his back and win this game for us. I watched several of his HS school games live and no I’m not comparing what he did in HS to Bama’s D. But he hasn’t had to throw for 300 plus yards (besides Mizzo) in a game this year. But that’s not to say the kid can’t do it. I wouldn’t want anyone else behind the center!

Chaney/Smart/Pittman, will have to be on their A game this week and on Monday while putting together a game plan and executing it. But I feel good about putting more responsibilities in the hands of Fromm. The kid is the real deal and I think he’ll answer Monday night. The pass game will open up our run game, #27 and #3 didn’t come back to lay down, they’ll get their yards and TD’s.

I maybe a little over optimistic going into this game but I’ll take that and run with it. No better person to have in this big moment than Jake Fromm!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

• sflanagan21
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 months ago #78106 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic NC Game Week

SouthernDawg wrote: Smiling at the title of this thread. :) (Mods - let's give the Dawgs their due and change the title to capital letters - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WEEK. I think the Dawgs have earned that title to be in caps.) :woohoo:

Game thoughts - this will be ongoing.

There are no tactical advantages on the field for UGA or Bama in this game. Kirby knows Saban and Saban knows Kirby. There are no surprises in store, no figuring out what the other team is going to do. This one is going to come down to simply executing the plays. Who wants it more and who executes with no mistakes. There will be the Smart vs. Saban, student vs. professor narrative all week but in reality, they both will bring their teams to play. No surprises, no trickery - just smash mouth brutal slug fest style football.

Defensively:

While Bama isn't going to bring an OU magnitude of offense, the defense has absolutely got to tighten up and get pressure on Hurts. We saw clearly what happened in the 1st half to our secondary when we got no pressure on Mayfield. We were getting picked apart. Apply some pressure and take it away. Hurts will be quite similar to Mayfield in his mobility and explosiveness. Which defense are we going to see against him, the 1st half Rose Bowl or 2nd half Rose Bowl defense? If we're to win this game, the defense must swarm and be the 2nd half defense we saw yesterday. We cannot let Bama put a quick 10 on the board and play from behind. Saban's D isn't going to allow that, so our defense needs to apply pressure to the QB early and often. Make them put it on the ground.

Offensively:

This might be a game where Chaney really has to get creative because Bama is the one defense that we've not faced that legitimately could slow down (or shut down) our ground game. Fromm will have to put the ball in the air a few times to give the tailbacks a cushion, that is undeniable because the box is going to be stacked and this is the biggest d-line our o-line has faced all year. Chubb and Michel can and will be effective if we have a good blend on our offensive scheming. But if we continue to go to the ground when the door is shut on us, it's going to be a long Auburn-like night. If we can break some tackles early and score out of the gate, it will set the tempo and tempo in these type of games is very important.

Summary:

This is a game that will be won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Quintessential SEC football. No two ways about it. Kirby has to do everything possible to limit the emotion. The Dawgs just came off a draining game in Pasadena, and it's going to be very difficult (not impossible) for them to not be mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted from a 2OT game. Whereas Bama played in a predictable, slow paced, methodical game and aren't nearly as exhausted as our players are. Practice & planning this week has to take that into account. Special teams play and limiting turnovers are going to be absolute keys to victory.

This is a short turnaround to next Monday.

Fixed it SD! Pissed at myself for not doing that from the beginning!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• sflanagan21
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 months ago #78108 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic NC Game Week

sflanagan21 wrote: WD, I can’t argue with you at all about Bama and that D. I’ll friendly counter with this, Jake Fromm. We all know what Saban/Pruitt are going to do on D. They’ll load the box and make Fromm beat them.

Fromm’s numbers may not prove the point I’m going to try to make. But the kid can throw the rock around and he will no doubt have to somewhat put the O on his back and win this game for us. I watched several of his HS school games live and no I’m not comparing what he did in HS to Bama’s D. But he hasn’t had to throw for 300 plus yards (besides Mizzo) in a game this year. But that’s not to say the kid can’t do it. I wouldn’t want anyone else behind the center!

Chaney/Smart/Pittman, will have to be on their A game this week and on Monday while putting together a game plan and executing it. But I feel good about putting more responsibilities in the hands of Fromm. The kid is the real deal and I think he’ll answer Monday night. The pass game will open up our run game, #27 and #3 didn’t come back to lay down, they’ll get their yards and TD’s.

I maybe a little over optimistic going into this game but I’ll take that and run with it. No better person to have in this big moment than Jake Fromm!

Oh believe me... I believe in Fromm. Calling it a tall order is just, but that doesn't mean Fromm can't deliver on that order.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds